• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
#neverindoubt

Was the Hughes LBW out? From the replay I thought it an exceptional decision but only got one look at it. Interested to hear the mail on whether Ludeman nicked out off Pattinson too. Mennie a surprise packet with the bat, looked really correct I thought.

Have to say I was a bit puzzled by the bowling tactics. Reckon I saw one short ball all day. Seriously Victoria? No testing out of the middle of the deck against a guy who was lidded the previous day?

And the guy rambling away in the crowd was ****ing annoying. Just about every blokes who walked out "Come on, don't get out!" and when they did, muttered about it to everyone within earshot like they didn't listen to his advice.

Last edited:

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
8 for 102 should get Sok on the plane to India you would think. Good timing with that performance.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What is Queenslands best top 6 now in Shield Cricket? Our best 6 bats are ideally suited to positions 3 to 6 IMO.

We have as options: Townsend, Kemp (lol), Robinson, Khawaja, Forrest, Burns, Pomersbach, Lynn, Reardon and Hopes.

I think one of the middle order bats is going to have to try opening, I wonder if Pomers is a potential option?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
What is Queenslands best top 6 now in Shield Cricket? Our best 6 bats are ideally suited to positions 3 to 6 IMO.

We have as options: Townsend, Kemp (lol), Robinson, Khawaja, Forrest, Burns, Pomersbach, Lynn, Reardon and Hopes.

I think one of the middle order bats is going to have to try opening, I wonder if Pomers is a potential option?
Pomersbach
Khawaja
Burns
Forrest
Lynn
Hopes

Khawaja opening isn't ideal given where he's looking at in the Australian side. Could Hartley do the job? He does it in List A cricket relatively well.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
This is the NSW thread boi.
Here that mods, change the thread title to "official mediocrity thread".

Pomersbach
Khawaja
Burns
Forrest
Lynn
Hopes

Khawaja opening isn't ideal given where he's looking at in the Australian side. Could Hartley do the job? He does it in List A cricket relatively well.
Hartley could open yeah and play Hopes at 7, that's actually a great idea. Alternatively Townsend could get a gig before Lynn but I quite like your idea.

Andre

International Regular
Hopes has opened a little in FC cricket before - pretty sure he made a big hundred opening for Australia 'A' one winter. Pretty sure Pomersbach has opened for WA in FC cricket and Khawaja is an opener by trade - reckon he might open considering Hughes looks like a lock at no. 3 at the moment in the Aussie side.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Any thoughts on how Pattinson went ?

Obviously not good enough but did he make it through the game ok ....
Looked a bit down on pace and didn't bowl any more than 3 or 4 (?) on the bounce so I assumed he was being managed. Think I saw only one short ball all day from him too but I doubt he was pushing himself too much.

the big bambino

International Captain
Fingers crossed for Burns. He looks likely and so far hasn't been found out like some of your other younger batsmen like Maddinson. Might have to review my 16 for India. Maxwell out and O'Keefe in. Oldmancraigey is a visionary.