• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rogers is just plain unlucky. Hayden's injury was the worst thing to happen to him.

Have also heard he was a difficult personality. I reckon he's still one of the best long form bats in the country, but it won't happen.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'm a fan so may be a bit biased but I honestly don't see how. Richardson is quicker and gets more seam movement than either Mennie or Worral and can bat a bit. How does he not fit into the SA XI as it stands?
Only play him in Hobart because the pitch is so green he won't have to bowl long enough to get three warnings.

Spikey

i do like how tremain bowls a couple of crackers for no result against crappy batsman, and then serves a wide half volley that hussey hits straight to the man, tbf

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
sok doesn't often bowl that many overs does he? although i guess nsw doesnt often pick so few bowlers
Well he's the captain of the team and there's a Test team to India being named soon with a spinner's spot up for grabs...

Eloquentia

U19 12th Man
I would have played both Christian and Richardson itbt. I have nothing against either Mennie or Worrall - they're both much more decent cricketers than SA's reserve batting stocks - but I think the tail is a tad long now so I would've played Christian to rectify that, and Richardson as stated is just straight up a better bowler than those two. As it stands, Botha will be at 6, Ludeman at 7 and Sayers at 8.. that's an awful lot of faith in what has been a misfiring top 5, especially since it contains an entirely unproven opener plucked out of SA grade cricket.

I think Cooper coming back in for Raphael is inevitable as well but Cooper really doesn't deserve to be playing at the moment, so fair enough call there for now.
Yeah, I'd have done the same. I reckon Botha's probably worthy of being selected on bowling alone so that makes it Botha, Lyon, Richo, Sayers + Christian as the AR. Far better tail and still a better bowling attack.

Raphael should keep his spot. He's without a doubt one of our better prospects/cricketers in general. Probably better than Head.

he's made 600 runs in grade cricket this season in 5 games, reckon he's done about as much as you could ask for in terms of a recall.
That's true, but they're been ordinary knocks. Like, he's still batting well but from all reports (I haven't seen them, only getting word from those at the club) the tons he's scored have been scratchy and slashy, if that makes sense.

Yet again, you'll get the best view on Saturday from behind the stumps. Let me know how he looks.

the thing for me is, aside from the one big futures hundred, he never really posted big scores. He always seemed to make the easiest 40 off 45 and then get out, in the first class games, futures, grade, all of it. that it seems he's started to get more mongrel about him and actually bat whole days makes me think it's clicked, and that he'd tear it up, which his should, because prince aside he's the most talented bloke in the squad by a mile.
Yeah, this definitely.

Top_Cat

Richardson's action keeps him out

Well, that's a first for me. Have never heard of a bloke omitted because the team's worried he'll be pinged for running in the danger zone. Interesting decision.

Sayers the wrecking ball this morning. Good on him, would be making his dad proud.

Top_Cat

Richardson's action keeps him out

Well, that's a first for me. Have never heard of a bloke omitted because the team's worried he'll be pinged for running in the danger zone. Interesting decision.

Sayers the wrecking ball this morning. Good on him, would be making his dad proud.
Probably fair to worry about it, though. Have a look where his right foot lands after letting go of the ball here. Ends up in the danger zone for just about all of his subsequent steps. Obviously word's gotten around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MP4N2ZXYMU#t=1m26s

Spikey

and also next game, when Lyon will be gone and you'll probably pick 4 seamers, I expect to see Richardson.

oh just anyone but Christian

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
pews fuming that agar got the game over turner
Haha yeah, WA definitely seem keener on Agar than Turner even though CA seem to think the opposite. Haven't been following WA grade cricket at all this season though so I have no idea how they've been going there.