• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Something's rotten in state of NSW cricket - starting at the top

Geoff Lawson speaks. Oh thank god...

Theory I've been working on in my head lately but haven't been putting too much thought into - Gilbert is responsible for the weird selections we've seen over the past 3-4 years. Like, he played a big role in the SOK-Katich thing, which seemed strange to me, like he's the CEO, surely he shouldn't be deciding this? the coach and selection panel should be the guys suggesting a move like that, right? And he played a role in that Lee-having-to-prove-his-fitness thing and like, I dunno know we've got a new selection panel this season, yet we're still seeing the same old weird selections. maybe he has a very strong opinion...

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
I made it three quarters of the way through that article before deciding on a solution.

if NSW does **** for 18 months everyone gets sacked

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Something's rotten in state of NSW cricket - starting at the top

Geoff Lawson speaks. Oh thank god...

Theory I've been working on in my head lately but haven't been putting too much thought into - Gilbert is responsible for the weird selections we've seen over the past 3-4 years. Like, he played a big role in the SOK-Katich thing, which seemed strange to me, like he's the CEO, surely he shouldn't be deciding this? the coach and selection panel should be the guys suggesting a move like that, right? And he played a role in that Lee-having-to-prove-his-fitness thing and like, I dunno know we've got a new selection panel this season, yet we're still seeing the same old weird selections. maybe he has a very strong opinion...
Yup, weird that the CEO has so much say. I know in Victoria, we have Shaun Graf who is very influential, but at least his title is Cricket Operations, not CEO. Dodemaide keeps his nose out of it.

Spark

Global Moderator

uvelocity

International Coach
lets say they did get it, they wouldn't have access to all the years of footage would they? would change the broadcast by a huge amount not being able to show old vision

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Channel 9 is so intertwined with the history of the sport in this country. Would be a massive change to have test cricket on another network.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah look I'm no big fan of C9 but I realllly hope 10 doesn't get it. 7, maybe, but it'd lose a lot of its charm IMO

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
lets say they did get it, they wouldn't have access to all the years of footage would they? would change the broadcast by a huge amount not being able to show old vision
Yeah true. Could show lots of old beach cricket. It would he a real disaster. Not so concerned if 10 gets rights to T20I.

Ramped

Cricket Spectator
Is there any chance anyone has footage of either Mathew Wade's knock of 89 against Queensland at the Gabba or his innings of 50* against Western Australia at the MCG?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watto (and MacGill) on inside cricket. Confirms will just bat at this stage. Is back running, in a couple of weeks looking at playing.