• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

brockley

International Captain
Comets won by 21,Devoy 6/74,wonder if this means the Comets will get their first class spurs.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Andrew Wu ‏@wutube

Anthony Stuart punted as NSW coach. Assistant Chandika Hathurusinghe to take over. Report soon on @SMHsport from @ChrisBarrett_ #cricket

stu macgill ‏@scgmacgill

cnsw has sacked coach Anthony Stuart, a friend of mine. this pain could have been avoided if Trevor Bayliss won the job in the first place.

harsh but fair

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I thought NSW were going quite well. 4th in the Shield (played one less game) and 5th in OD's (one less game) that's as good as you'd expect from them isn't it? :p

Spikey

it's a bit odd. they could be as high up as 2nd if they had played their extra game. i wonder if clarkeh put in a report of sorts to cnsw after he left.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
It will be interesting to see if they play any better now with the reports about player unrest in the sheds. Always worries me that though. Players can bitch but the coach can't bat, bowl or field for them and as pro's they should know the basics anyway. Was he involved in selection or is it still a bunch of old men without a clue?

Spikey

They changed the selection policy to move it more in line with the Aus one during the off-season. so he is partly at fault for the OD teams...

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
He does. It tends to be good for Australian cricket when NSW is strong but right now good players are going interstate and not staying.

Andre

International Regular
Really hoping that O'Keefe gets sacked/steps down as skipper and gives Haddin the reigns. That would help NSW immensly.

Spikey

yeah with Haddin looking pretty likely to play on next season (in that he looks likely to remain the back-up keeper into the home ashes series, so why retire) it'd be a sensible move.

i guess sacking both the coach and captain might be a bit rough given we're still a good chance of winning the shield. but you know, both shouldn't've got the job in the first place

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently the young group of players massively support O'Keefe as captain. But Dave Gilbert needs to go, after the massive exodus of players interstate due to poor management.

Will be interesting to see how Chandika Hathurusingha, he had a lot of mixed opinions during his time with Sri Lanka A. Helped the batsmen a lot, but unless with the quicks. Could see him being the opposite of Anthony Stuart.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I think you might under estimate much the likes of Moses, Smith, Maddinson, Halzewood, Copeland, Starc, Cummins and Warner support O'Keefe as captain. It really just some older and retired players calling for Katich last season and Haddin as captain. These guys are now the core players in the squad. It if wasn't for Clark, Bayliss and Richards (the old guard) Smith or O'Keefe would be captaining the Sixers as well.

Andre

International Regular
All well and good but the old guard know success, the new guard don't. Until that changes the the current guard of young guys have no place to whinge.