• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
North Sydney Oval probably isn't the best place for leggie to make his debut. Especially one that generally bowls 2 four balls an over.
yeah but since when has reason played any part in the nsw selection process. this is a bread and butter selection for them! everyone from 7 down bowls!

maddinson
henry
haddin
smith
rohrer
moz
sok
abbott
haze
zampa
dougeh

def seems feasible. particularly with sok od's game still a question mark. doran would have made more sense tho.

that said they may have had enough of maddinson up top (ha! unlucky)

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
well looking at the glass half full, that side bats down to 9. zampa made the side on runs, as much as wickets. scored more runs then maddison this season, but that isn't hard.

toolie

Cricket Spectator
I have played Zampa a number of times and whilst before this season I could see your points I believe this season he has actually really earned a shot at playing.

He has taken at least 1 if not 2 Second XI five wicket hauls this season and then taken six wickets and scored 120 runs in the last Futures Game.

He has never been a big grade cricket dominator which is something I am wary of he does OK averaging 26 or 27 with the ball but never really scores runs in grade cricket.

His slider is getting a lot of blokes out at the moment.

He bats higher in Second XI than grade cricket sometimes.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The main reason why he scores more runs in 2nd XI is that he gets a chance, because the NSW selectors pick 6-7 bowlers in every XI. So all the bowlers bat 2 spots higher then grade cricket, where teams pick proper XIs. But Zampa can bat.

toolie

Cricket Spectator
I would think batting at 7 or 8 is more than enough opportunity to score runs if you are good enough.

The fact is he has never scored a first grade 50 in four seasons in Sydney. And his highest score last season was 25.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I would think batting at 7 or 8 is more than enough opportunity to score runs if you are good enough.

The fact is he has never scored a first grade 50 in four seasons in Sydney. And his highest score last season was 25.
The bowlers are better in Sydney grade cricket then 2nd XI cricket, maybe. :ph34r:

I don't he looks handy with the bat from what I have seen. Moses was the same, never could score a run consistently at grade level, but kept turning them out at 2nd XI level.

Spikey

randy-petes made 55 last week. katich made 10, the keeper at ten 0 and 2 extras. so the others added 43. they made 237 this week - katich 137, the keeper at ten 46 and extras 10. so the others added 44 runs. they're improving! and Tuffy took 8/36. what a guy
made 49 this week. katich with 19. lalor 6/6. surely katich is approaching a
stage

copeland's injury and starc's likely absence has probably opened up a spot for Sandhu in the next shield match btw. 'less zampa takes 7/21 tomorrow and they decide to go with two spinners

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
copeland's injury and starc's likely absence has probably opened up a spot for Sandhu in the next shield match btw. 'less zampa takes 7/21 tomorrow and they decide to go with two spinners
Abbott to play ahead of Sandhu in the shield team.

Spikey

oh my god they haven't played Zampa. could this be the start of a new selection era?

probably not. abbott coming in at 3 and smashing them anyway so we probs should have played Zampa anyway. also haddin batted 44 balls at north sydney and didn't hit a six. dead set....

Spikey

you know. i'm so sick of maxwell somehow taking wickets, i'm willing to allow white a wicket or two to prevent some maxwell wickets

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol Haddin basically bagged his captain and coaching staff there. Said he has no idea why Henriques isn't in yet.