Page 69 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2907

Thread: ***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    it's about time abbott randomly landed a game
    ftr i realised like a minute after this post that he's been picked for his batting, to which i say. coyte was robbed

Jesse Hogan ‏@Jesse_Hogan
    Withering spell to end day 1 from Mitch Johnson. Had both Rogers & @phandscomb6 in all sorts, PH dropped at slip on 3 by @acvoges. Vic 0-21

Let the games begin. Ay-oh!

I believe

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Richardson playing, not 12th.

Batting at #3, very interesting.

I hope Raphael does well. I like that they've picked a guy who made lots of grade runs last year, forced his way into the futures side and made futures ton last knock. Good to see, regardless of whether or not actually think he's any good.
    Yeah - I agree. He did all he could to be selected with the runs and has been duly rewarded. That and he's a very good cricketer. Hopefully he ends up a long term player for us.

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Looks like Joe Mennie ends up being a bit of a victim of the Big Bash Franchises.

Darren Berry was angry at the Perth Scorchers selecting Mennie, making him miss SA's last Shield match and now he's back and for some reason he is now behind Worrall and Sayers which for me is kind of crazy.

Actually I would have picked both Mennie and George ahead of the two quicks playing today.
    No, he's a victim of his own poorness. He really isn't a good bowler. Like, really. This coming from someone who's incredibly biased towards anyone who plays for Uni (Grade club I'm with in Adelaide) (Cribb to c'). He has decent figures - but so do plenty of bowlers who aren't very good. Mennie is just another one of those. In no particular order, George, Sayers, Richardson, Worrall, Putland, Tietjens and even Haberfield I'd say are better bowlers (this doesn't imply that the best bowlers are the ones that do well, for the record) than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    George's figures were okay were in his return to the Shield but from what I saw on the stream and from what I was told by someone who went to that game (Skippos lol) he was absolutely awful. Sprayed the ball everywhere and only ended up with a decent economy rate by bowling so, so few balls the batsmen had to play at. The fact that he bowled so few overs relative to the other bowlers tells a story in itself.
    Yeah, confirmed. I really, really like George but he's been bowling pies in the pre season and he was bowling pies in the shield game - such pies it was obvious from square of the wicket. Most of his bowling was to the *much* weaker batsmen in the Queensland lineup - and these lads had absolutely no trouble hitting him but because they really are substandard batsmen, it'd rocket to the fielder (or a diving klinger multiple times). Wide outside off or down leg and too short. The one time he bowled a ball on the stumps Kemp was so surprised he missed it and got done (but it was going over anyway, I believe).

He's really, really out of touch. Like, really.

International Vice-Captain
    WA 2nd xl won by 5 wkts.

The weather is set fair down the East coast of Australia this weekend, allowing all players to have a good tune up for the Gabba Test starting this time next week.
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    do you play in the same team as mennie, eloq?

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Steyn vs. The Prince.
    This could get interesting.

Oh yeah, and Ben Cutting's a rubbish bowler.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloquentia View Post
    Yeah - I agree. He did all he could to be selected with the runs and has been duly rewarded. That and he's a very good cricketer. Hopefully he ends up a long term player for us.

No, he's a victim of his own poorness. He really isn't a good bowler. Like, really. This coming from someone who's incredibly biased towards anyone who plays for Uni (Grade club I'm with in Adelaide) (Cribb to c'). He has decent figures - but so do plenty of bowlers who aren't very good. Mennie is just another one of those. In no particular order, George, Sayers, Richardson, Worrall, Putland, Tietjens and even Haberfield I'd say are better bowlers (this doesn't imply that the best bowlers are the ones that do well, for the record) than him.

Yeah, confirmed. I really, really like George but he's been bowling pies in the pre season and he was bowling pies in the shield game - such pies it was obvious from square of the wicket. Most of his bowling was to the *much* weaker batsmen in the Queensland lineup - and these lads had absolutely no trouble hitting him but because they really are substandard batsmen, it'd rocket to the fielder (or a diving klinger multiple times). Wide outside off or down leg and too short. The one time he bowled a ball on the stumps Kemp was so surprised he missed it and got done (but it was going over anyway, I believe).

He's really, really out of touch. Like, really.
    It was just one game by George. I don't see the connection between being out of touch for one game at SA and that continuing to occur the next week in Tas.

SA haven't won a game in yonks and have picked 6 bowlers, I just think one of them had to be George - he has played for Australia, the 3 main quicks are all inexperienced and its at a ground where he's been successful. Reckon the upside of George potentially ripping through the Tassie lineup was worth a gamble.

Just watching the stream, lol at Hughes..

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    lol-worthy dismissal, definitely.

Seems like everyone around the country has forgotten how to bat. Wickets tumbling everywhere.

Did anyone just see Tahir's dismissal? How the **** could a first class batsman miss that and get LBW. FMD, agree no runs anywhere at the moment.

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    clarkey not a big fan of that decision.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Watson in getting out when looking good shocker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

Thread Information