• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The state of cricket: work to do but new blood coming through

fairfax editor ****ed up with that headline. should have been 'players i intend on signing for the redbacks in the off-season'
Hope he does sign Neser, tbf. I really rate him as an allround cricketer but he's not going to crack the Queensland side as a bowler with the depth they've got so he's basically just sweating out Hopes's retirement. As Berry managed to sneak into the article, he's already signed for the Strikers so it's a natural fit.

The Muirhead thing was wow though. Made no attempt to hide it at all!

Last edited:

Eloquentia

U19 12th Man
yeah but it was very much last resort sorta stuff. whenever they've had a chance to not play the guy in FC, they don't play him. it's pretty weird. he could be injured, but it really wouldn't surprise me if they've dropped him

The state of cricket: work to do but new blood coming through

fairfax editor ****ed up with that headline. should have been 'players i intend on signing for the redbacks in the off-season'
Aside from the terrible writing style I like this - he's pretty spot on. Agree a lot with the Muirhead and Neser love.

still bitter that signing him for the bigbash (and even playing him!) didn't get him across. poor guy
Yeah :( - I remember watching him from side on one game during the big bash and I was amazed at the amount of flight and more specifically, drop he was getting. Watched it later on TV and despite the fact that he's probably 5-10 ks too slow right now... there's a lot to work with. Would love to get him across (to replace another South Aussie, I'm sure <_<)

Hope he does sign Neser, tbf. I really rate him as an allround cricketer but he's not going to crack the Queensland side as a bowler with the depth they've got so he's basically just sweating out Hopes's retirement. As Berry managed to sneak into the article, he's already signed for the Strikers so it's a natural fit.

The Muirhead thing was wow though. Made no attempt to hide it at all!
So do I - he's a real player. He'd get the opportunity and responsibility with us - and I bet he'd thrive.

Eloquentia

U19 12th Man
because they don't like playing him in fc

cooper scoring runs in the 2nd XI game against yep nsw
Behrendorff pretty unlucky to not be in the XI against SA.

Also, does anyone know why Kane Richardson is not playing? Mennie is back.
Haha both of these are just bull****. Cooper's gone and made some ridiculous knocks in A-grade since his dropping (125, 62, 181*) and still can't get a game.

And Mennie's a prank cricketer. Really is - we've got so many better seamers than him. Haberfield too, both really aren't much. Frustrates me to see both playing today. Good to see Sayers and Raphael getting a run though.

Eloquentia

U19 12th Man
SA 2nd xl 338 Kelvin Smith 170,could play in next world youth cup.
Yep, kids a class act.

I distinctly remember a few years ago playing against Prince Alfred College on their front oval - one of the nicest ovals one could ever play on, and being so pumped for the game.

Well, pumped for the game I was. Bowling to Kelvin Smith

Offie - swept for six.
Dart - blocked
Dart - tapped back over my head for six
Attempted Doosra - cut for four
Full fligher - over my head for six
Dart - flicked through mid wicket for four.

Was absolutely horrific especially as the kid would have been 14-15 at the time.

He hit a double century in 40 overs a week later too.

Since then I've been following him closely - the kids an absolute jet. Going to be something special, bookmark it.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Can't buy a first class run can he, just finds the step up that little bit too much.

Any info on Louis Cameron, Orthdox?

Copes 12th man. :)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Cameron took a five wicket haul for Vic 2nd XI vs NSW a few weeks ago, put him to the top of the queue. Bowls a good out-swinger, which doesn't go every time. He's still raw, skinny tall kid, reckon he's not quite ready yet but is still only 20.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
keith bowls it full. henry smashes it for 4 down the ground to the construction area. victards take forever to find the ball. amateurs

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Patterson and Rohrer over Dawson and Maddison.

Learn to pick a proper team ****s. We might win a game or two.

Alteast Copeland got dropped and we played an extra batsmen. Just need to start picking the right batsmen.

Patterson average 163 with the bat FFS.