• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
worst thing is he wasn't even bowling good anyway. what sort of **** gets a stress injury from bowling crap.

Spikey

that post i made the other day about haze playing a test before cummins plays another looking pretty good :cool:

Eloquentia

U19 12th Man
do you play in the same team as mennie, eloq?
No, not the same team. I'm at the same club but we have heaps of teams! He's well above I, clearly!

It was just one game by George. I don't see the connection between being out of touch for one game at SA and that continuing to occur the next week in Tas.

SA haven't won a game in yonks and have picked 6 bowlers, I just think one of them had to be George - he has played for Australia, the 3 main quicks are all inexperienced and its at a ground where he's been successful. Reckon the upside of George potentially ripping through the Tassie lineup was worth a gamble.
As much as that whole last paragraph makes perfect sense (dropping Worrall for George probably should have happened) he's been bowling such piss that he was never going to do that. I'll concede that figureswise he had two good A grade games in early October but from what I've heard - he wasn't bowling well there either and all has net bowling has been tripe.

Regarding your first point - he wasn't out of touch for just one game. He missed the opening shield games too as he was bowling so poorly in the pre-season. It's been a recent continuing issue for him - which continued into the shield game. So yeah, it's pretty likely that if you bowl pies for 3 months, you'll probably continue to bowl them for 3 months and a week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where are people watching the RSA/AA game, may I ask?

Spikey

maddinson realised he was actually performing and so got out. he's consistent, gotta give him that.

Spikey

Adam Crosthwaite @AJCrosthwaite

@Jesse_Hogan Cummins always going2have issues cos of his body position at the point of release at his speed.Not management,it's technique.

Thanks Adam

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
No, not the same team. I'm at the same club but we have heaps of teams! He's well above I, clearly!

As much as that whole last paragraph makes perfect sense (dropping Worrall for George probably should have happened) he's been bowling such piss that he was never going to do that. I'll concede that figureswise he had two good A grade games in early October but from what I've heard - he wasn't bowling well there either and all has net bowling has been tripe.

Regarding your first point - he wasn't out of touch for just one game. He missed the opening shield games too as he was bowling so poorly in the pre-season. It's been a recent continuing issue for him - which continued into the shield game. So yeah, it's pretty likely that if you bowl pies for 3 months, you'll probably continue to bowl them for 3 months and a week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where are people watching the RSA/AA game, may I ask?
Fair enough mate. Obviously I didn't watch any of his club games or net bowling, saw he did well in the Futures game before making the Shield team though.

Stream is on the CA website - click on live videos.

Burgey

@Spikey Crosthwaite was always going to have issues claiming bounced caught behinds in domestic finals because he's a cheating Victorian ****. It's not technique, it's his DNA.

Spikey

ok nev, we need some runs. i suggest you change down the wicket and look to slap it over cover

- Rad Haddin

Spikey

nev looks to smash it over to the leg side instead. gets out. should have listened to rad haddin

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Seriously why is Henry still playing ahead Rohrer even when we have three openers chilling in the middle order now? Really starting to piss me off.

And yeah six bowlers again; **** that **** off please.