• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Jesse Hogan ‏@Jesse_Hogan
Withering spell to end day 1 from Mitch Johnson. Had both Rogers & @phandscomb6 in all sorts, PH dropped at slip on 3 by @acvoges. Vic 0-21

Let the games begin. Ay-oh!

Eloquentia

U19 12th Man
Richardson playing, not 12th.

Batting at #3, very interesting.

I hope Raphael does well. I like that they've picked a guy who made lots of grade runs last year, forced his way into the futures side and made futures ton last knock. Good to see, regardless of whether or not actually think he's any good.
Yeah - I agree. He did all he could to be selected with the runs and has been duly rewarded. That and he's a very good cricketer. Hopefully he ends up a long term player for us.

Looks like Joe Mennie ends up being a bit of a victim of the Big Bash Franchises.

Darren Berry was angry at the Perth Scorchers selecting Mennie, making him miss SA's last Shield match and now he's back and for some reason he is now behind Worrall and Sayers which for me is kind of crazy.

Actually I would have picked both Mennie and George ahead of the two quicks playing today.
No, he's a victim of his own poorness. He really isn't a good bowler. Like, really. This coming from someone who's incredibly biased towards anyone who plays for Uni (Grade club I'm with in Adelaide) (Cribb to c'). He has decent figures - but so do plenty of bowlers who aren't very good. Mennie is just another one of those. In no particular order, George, Sayers, Richardson, Worrall, Putland, Tietjens and even Haberfield I'd say are better bowlers (this doesn't imply that the best bowlers are the ones that do well, for the record) than him.

George's figures were okay were in his return to the Shield but from what I saw on the stream and from what I was told by someone who went to that game (Skippos lol) he was absolutely awful. Sprayed the ball everywhere and only ended up with a decent economy rate by bowling so, so few balls the batsmen had to play at. The fact that he bowled so few overs relative to the other bowlers tells a story in itself.
Yeah, confirmed. I really, really like George but he's been bowling pies in the pre season and he was bowling pies in the shield game - such pies it was obvious from square of the wicket. Most of his bowling was to the *much* weaker batsmen in the Queensland lineup - and these lads had absolutely no trouble hitting him but because they really are substandard batsmen, it'd rocket to the fielder (or a diving klinger multiple times). Wide outside off or down leg and too short. The one time he bowled a ball on the stumps Kemp was so surprised he missed it and got done (but it was going over anyway, I believe).

He's really, really out of touch. Like, really.

howardj

International Coach
The weather is set fair down the East coast of Australia this weekend, allowing all players to have a good tune up for the Gabba Test starting this time next week.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Steyn vs. The Prince.
This could get interesting.

Oh yeah, and Ben Cutting's a rubbish bowler.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah - I agree. He did all he could to be selected with the runs and has been duly rewarded. That and he's a very good cricketer. Hopefully he ends up a long term player for us.

No, he's a victim of his own poorness. He really isn't a good bowler. Like, really. This coming from someone who's incredibly biased towards anyone who plays for Uni (Grade club I'm with in Adelaide) (Cribb to c'). He has decent figures - but so do plenty of bowlers who aren't very good. Mennie is just another one of those. In no particular order, George, Sayers, Richardson, Worrall, Putland, Tietjens and even Haberfield I'd say are better bowlers (this doesn't imply that the best bowlers are the ones that do well, for the record) than him.

Yeah, confirmed. I really, really like George but he's been bowling pies in the pre season and he was bowling pies in the shield game - such pies it was obvious from square of the wicket. Most of his bowling was to the *much* weaker batsmen in the Queensland lineup - and these lads had absolutely no trouble hitting him but because they really are substandard batsmen, it'd rocket to the fielder (or a diving klinger multiple times). Wide outside off or down leg and too short. The one time he bowled a ball on the stumps Kemp was so surprised he missed it and got done (but it was going over anyway, I believe).

He's really, really out of touch. Like, really.
It was just one game by George. I don't see the connection between being out of touch for one game at SA and that continuing to occur the next week in Tas.

SA haven't won a game in yonks and have picked 6 bowlers, I just think one of them had to be George - he has played for Australia, the 3 main quicks are all inexperienced and its at a ground where he's been successful. Reckon the upside of George potentially ripping through the Tassie lineup was worth a gamble.

Just watching the stream, lol at Hughes..

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
lol-worthy dismissal, definitely.

Seems like everyone around the country has forgotten how to bat. Wickets tumbling everywhere.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Did anyone just see Tahir's dismissal? How the **** could a first class batsman miss that and get LBW. FMD, agree no runs anywhere at the moment.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know it's a moving deck but Klinger really does look shot. Getting past 30 would be massive for him.

EDIT: Aaaaaand, now he won't. Pinged on the crease, all too inevitable.

Last edited: