• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm pretty sure the dude next to the microphone in the Vic/WA match is whistling 'Don't Call Me Daughter' By Pearl Jam.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Looks like Joe Mennie ends up being a bit of a victim of the Big Bash Franchises.

Darren Berry was angry at the Perth Scorchers selecting Mennie, making him miss SA's last Shield match and now he's back and for some reason he is now behind Worrall and Sayers which for me is kind of crazy.

Actually I would have picked both Mennie and George ahead of the two quicks playing today.

Riggins

International Captain
Richardson playing, not 12th.

Batting at #3, very interesting.

I hope Raphael does well. I like that they've picked a guy who made lots of grade runs last year, forced his way into the futures side and made futures ton last knock. Good to see, regardless of whether or not actually think he's any good.

Riggins

International Captain
the stream has frozen for me about 5 times today. every time it comes back on with tas in a huddle and ive missed a wicket.

benchmark00

the stream has frozen for me about 5 times today. every time it comes back on with tas in a huddle and ive missed a wicket.
Now that uvelocity's been banned, you're gonna have to step up and fill the void ****. Hope you're up to it.

Riggins

International Captain
with uni exams around the corner hence 'free time' sky rocketing, i will give it a shot.

what did the **** get banned for?

Top_Cat

Jesus, can't see the pitch! Pete George committing suicide in the stands.

Pitch like this, reckon Richardson's going to jag a few, his length is going to be awkward. Now, SA just need to put a 100+ total on the board. Tall ask.

EDIT: Been a while since I've seen a deck move this much, tbh.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Looks like Joe Mennie ends up being a bit of a victim of the Big Bash Franchises.

Darren Berry was angry at the Perth Scorchers selecting Mennie, making him miss SA's last Shield match and now he's back and for some reason he is now behind Worrall and Sayers which for me is kind of crazy.

Actually I would have picked both Mennie and George ahead of the two quicks playing today.
George's figures were okay were in his return to the Shield but from what I saw on the stream and from what I was told by someone who went to that game (Skippos lol) he was absolutely awful. Sprayed the ball everywhere and only ended up with a decent economy rate by bowling so, so few balls the batsmen had to play at. The fact that he bowled so few overs relative to the other bowlers tells a story in itself.

Last edited:

Burgey

Strikes me from what little I've seen of him that Jackson Bird would be an ideal bowler in English conditions, almost a nippier version of Terry Alderman. He's close to the stumps and seems to take it away from right handers. Does he have an inswinger or an off cutter to seal the deal?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Strikes me from what little I've seen of him that Jackson Bird would be an ideal bowler in English conditions, almost a nippier version of Terry Alderman. He's close to the stumps and seems to take it away from right handers. Does he have an inswinger or an off cutter to seal the deal?
He can get it to nip back off the seam ala McGrath's off cutter but he doesn't have a genuine inswinger from what I know.

I saw him bowl once or twice in Sydney before he moved to Tasmania (and know a few people who saw him a lot more than that), and I've been really surprised by the pace he manages to get it through at these days. Always had him pegged as an Adam Maher type character who Tassie would get good use out of at home but who would be largely just a containing bowler on the better batting tracks around the country, but he's a lot better than that.

Burgey

Yeah. I know we have a fair few good quicks, but he'd have to be somewhere in the mix, surely.

Top_Cat

SA actually doing the job with the ball on an insanely helpful deck (still gotta do it, though). Ponting just given caught at the wicket, glared at the umpire all the way off the square, gold. haha.

Spikey

if cowan can't score runs against the bad sa how will he score runs against the good sa