• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
More runs for Burns today; definitely one of the most under-rated young batsmen in the country. Always looks so organised when he bats too.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
heh, in my experience 'organised' is such a veiled insult.
Haha, well I mean he just never seems to look troubled. He's technically very good and always looks in control of what he's trying to do. He doesn't have the obvious natural talent of someone like Khawaja, but he looks good. Seems to know his game a lot better than most of our young talents.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wade Townsend is pretty much the most irritating batsman ever. Has a (barely) good enough defence to keep out straight ones, lumbers at a crawl to SFA against good teams, then labours his way to a useless ton on an absolute road against a rubbish attack. Calling him 'organised' would be a ****ing step up, just looks like arse. The one pic of him batting on his profile is captioned 'Wade Townsend watches the ball closely'.

Says it all. Wish someone would get this **** out already.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wade Townsend is pretty much the most irritating batsman ever. Has a (barely) good enough defence to keep out straight ones, lumbers at a crawl to SFA against good teams, then labours his way to a useless ton on an absolute road against a rubbish attack. Calling him 'organised' would be a ****ing step up, just looks like arse. The one pic of him batting on his profile is captioned 'Wade Townsend watches the ball closely'.

Says it all. Wish someone would get this **** out already.
Haha yeah both Queensland openers are proper gash; I think it's inevitable that Khawaja ends up opening in this lineup. I'd seriously be tempted to give even Hauritz a go as opener ahead of Kemp if he couldn't get in the team any other way.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah Kemp will be axed for Pomersbach or Lynn soon with Khawaja moving to opener.

It'll be interesting to see how many runs Townsend makes in a partnership with Cutting, tipping not many, if the partnership lasts a while.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
lol.

Of course Townsend would hit 4 4's in the last couple of overs just after I said Cutting would dominate the partnership.

Top_Cat

I know Lyon's been pumped at 4+/over this year and this knock he's been belted even more but, having seen him bowl a bit this year, he's not bowling anywhere near as poorly as his figures would suggest and he's still throwing them up there. Hard life being a tweaker.

Spikey

It's **** like this, journo's. From the same bloke who reported on a game he clearly barely watched:

Ferguson tipped for Test call-up

One good knock on a road and suddenly he's 'tipped for Test call-up'? Jesus.
scary thing is the article is probably right. will be in the aus a team and i mean if south africa can lose a T20 match to xavier doherty, they can let this ****er score a ton against them

Andre

International Regular
scary thing is the article is probably right. will be in the aus a team and i mean if south africa can lose a T20 match to xavier doherty, they can let this ****er score a ton against them
Ah, umm, yeah, because Doherty's spin bowling spell in a T20 in the sub continent gives us great insight into how Callum Ferguson would go as a Test batsman in Australian conditions. Great link...

Ruckus

International Captain
Lol why do you even need to link it, his track record in Australian conditions is **** in itself.

Top_Cat

Heh, as much as it sucks QLD are about to pass SA's total, that Cutting's doing it so damn easily shows up Townsend's plodding knock a bit. Of course you could make the case that Cutting only has the freedom to do this because Townsend set the platform but SHUT YOUR GODDAMN WHORE MOUTH.