• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
after being proved totally wrong, benchmark00 is as happy as kurtis patterson....

Spikey

i'm pretty sure patterson was left out just because he bums out everyone else.

benchmark00

Prolonged tasting by Spikey here.

Have just been informed Rohrer was left out because he wanted to catch a really good shark documentary at IMAX in Darling Harbour and it conflicted with the shield fixture.

Spikey

benchmark00 trying to change the subject. classic symptoms of a tastin'

rohrer was left out because we only allow one player currently signed with a victorian bigbash team to play for nsw. there's not even any good shark doco's showing at the imax. (because you burnt down the imax when you torched the other two buildings and fled the country, punk)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Disagree that they should have the same team in both formats. I was saying earlier this year that Nev should open and I stick by that. All things considered, Henriques hasn't done enough to deserve a shot up the top of the order.

I questioned Hazlewood's exclusion, but I think its probably just easing him into things after a long injury lay off. Ideally you would expect him to surpass Lalor and Copeland soon.

NSW are the outsiders on most betting sites, juicy $7.50 to win.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
God, saw two minutes of Crash Craddock on the Back Page last night, pontificating about T20 cricket. He started off right, talking about how when you watch the IPL, it's the best batsmen who end up making the most runs; then used this point to slag off Cameron White's selection in the side.

IPL stats for 2012, anyone?

Spikey

main problem i have with white's selection in the recent series is that I think he was batting too low. don't know why maxwell batted 3 in the last game. i mean, it worked out sure, but it seems to me throwing white up there would have made more sense from a WC pov

Spikey

in conclusion, Craddock and the other ****ty news ltd (ben dorrrrrrries or w/ever) can die in a hole.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
First ball I started watching sees Palladino gone.

Nice to see the QLDer Khawaja making runs.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Does anyone have any info on Sam Whiteman? Would have loved seeing Will Bosisto named.

WA Shield squad is very strong..

1 Davis 2 Harris 3 Marsh 4 North 5 Voges 6 Marsh 7 Triffitt 8 Johnson 9 Coulter-Nile 10 Hogan/Rimmington 11 Beer.

Rimmers would be my 12th.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Does anyone have any info on Sam Whiteman? Would have loved seeing Will Bosisto named.

WA Shield squad is very strong..

1 Davis 2 Harris 3 Marsh 4 North 5 Voges 6 Marsh 7 Triffitt 8 Johnson 9 Coulter-Nile 10 Hogan/Rimmington 11 Beer.

Rimmers would be my 12th.

Yeah it's a gun side.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
That's the thing that really irks me about this competition - anyone playing for two teams that qualifies seemingly always gets pushed to their IPL side. You would think that when the IPL sides already have the advantages of being able to play 4 imports, having 8-10 of them in their squad, having additional places et al, that they could concede the one or two guys who have commitments with home sides.

KKR, for example, has Morgan, Kallis, Shakib, RtD, Haddin, McCullum, Pattinson, Lee, Narine and de Lange on their books as overseas players. You would think they can allow the players who qualified in home teams to play for them.