• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Andre

International Regular
ive got Dykes' only FC ton somewhere.

Kremerskothen!

GREAT CATCH! SCOTT KREMERSKOTHEN 2003 Hobart - YouTube
Great catch.

Would love to see the Dykes innings. Anything 1990's/early 00's I'm keen to see. Would love to see the shield final that SA batted out for the draw, any Dene Hills/Jamie Cox innings or anything that involved guys like Alley, Haywood, Robertson, McNamara etc. I also remember a MMC game where the Lee boys took about 7 wickets between them after Qld got off to a flyer, just before Brett played Tests iirc.

Saw Buzzard McNamara at the driving range last night. Hits a mean golf ball.

Andre

International Regular
They eventually got phased out for Butterworth, who the Tasmanian faithful at the time seemed to think was their next Test batting hope, bowling a few overs here or there in one day cricket. He batted #3 early on. Funny how things work out sometimes.
Didn't they bring down Ben Oliver in between those guys and Butterworth though? He was supposed to be a gun.

Camo999

State 12th Man
Kade Harvey, Scott Thompson, Jason Bakker, half the Canberra Comets team... Those were the glory days!
I always liked Brendan Creevey too.

Also Michael Farrell for Tassie. Think he started as an opening bat and finished batting about no 9 and bowling spin.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Didn't they bring down Ben Oliver in between those guys and Butterworth though? He was supposed to be a gun.
Kremerskothen and Polkinghorne were still around after Oliver came and went I think; he was pretty short-lived in general.

Andre

International Regular
Didn't Brendan Creevey play a few ODIs for Australia? Or was it just Aus A?
Nah Aussie A, played in that series in the US with guys like Lea Hansen, Brett Lee, Ryan Campbell etc. think it was vs India. Was apparently rapid with the ball but don't remember him being that quick. Whispers I heard was that he could have gone all the way but was a bit of a loose cannon.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Andrew Eime, John Saint, Shawn Flegler and Brad Wigney some extra random names from the period.

I loved watching Canberra play. Merv Hughes and Mike Velletta both well past their prime leading a bunch of random kids and Brad Haddin.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Laughed when I saw Sean Cary get a mention in today's paper RE: the Kookaburra/Duke stuff. Came to Victoria and played around the corner from me in a local competition, took the mickey.

Ben Oliver's groins gave way, think both Victoria and Tasmania thought he could have been something quite special, similar to Andrew McDonald. Only 33 now.

Andre

International Regular
Andrew Eime, John Saint, Shawn Flegler and Brad Wigney some extra random names from the period.

I loved watching Canberra play. Merv Hughes and Mike Velletta both well past their prime leading a bunch of random kids and Brad Haddin.
Peter Solway the Comets hero.

Martin Faull, Graeme Vimpani, Mark Lavender, Kevin Roberts... The list goes on!

Andre

International Regular
Best New Talent award my favourite feature apart from the signs in the MMC... Won by household names such as Kade Harvey and Darren Wates.