• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It really is puzzling why Richardson's seemingly not rated highly by the SACA selectors.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
**** that was dire from Hauritz. The bloke can seriously bat but doesn't get many chances to play a proper one day innings, then when he actually does he plays that shot.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Even former Test quick Pete George can't get a go.
I remember back in the bad old days when I used to try and convince myself George was actually good as I just barely held onto my opinion that taking lots of Shield wickets post 2008/09 was still a good indication of genuine bowling class. I'm glad I finally abandoned that so I can admit to myself what my instincts were trying to tell me all along - that George bowls pies and has a terrible action.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember back in the bad old days when I used to try and convince myself George was actually good as I just barely held onto my opinion that taking lots of Shield wickets post 2008/09 was still a good indication of genuine bowling class. I'm glad I finally abandoned that so I can admit to myself what my instincts were trying to tell me all along - that George bowls pies and has a terrible action.
Even then he never took 'lots of Shield wickets', only took poles at Bellerive in ridiculously bowler-friendly conditions.

When I heard he's started jagging the ball away before the start of last season, I was interested but, well, then he didn't.....