• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

adub

International Captain
I can see where TC is coming from, but I'm not sure it will make too much difference to Hughes. One stat that TC has failed to note is that in 3/4 innings Hughes has played for SA he has been their top scorer (75%). I think that more than anything will be a good thing for him. I get the feeling he'd like to be 'da man' and he's not facing much competition at Adelaide. If just being the best in SA is enough to get his test spot back is very debatable, but it would be something to build from.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The SACA organisational malady will get him, you'll see. You'll ALL see. Matter of time before his spirit is so crushed he'll be talked into rolling his arm over and batting 6-9 because the team needs guys who can 'contribute'.

adub

International Captain
The SACA organisational malady will get him, you'll see. You'll ALL see.
MUAHAHAHAHA!

The head of the SACA will be the next great Bond villain.

Seriously though I do agree. There is something seriously cancerous going on down there. I was thinking if Hughes was to leave Vic or Qld were the places to go. My fingers are crossed that he is immune to the SA disease.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think SA's batting will improve once they show better aptitude in OD matches - a format that particularly the middle order are miles better at.

They've had a few positives in the two outright loses:

1) Hughes at the Gabba
2) Ludeman showing some fight
3) Some lower order runs from Mennie at the Gabba and Sayers in Perth.

BTW, what's everyone's thoughts on Punter saying the batting order is set in stone for the SA Tests? Personally I think he's giving his state team mate Ed Cowan some assurance/confidence.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
it'd probably help if their number 3 batsman could play good cricket against a team other than NSW (that non-nsw average must be close to under 20 by now)

uvelocity

International Coach
The SACA organisational malady will get him, you'll see. You'll ALL see. Matter of time before his spirit is so crushed he'll be talked into rolling his arm over and batting 6-9 because the team needs guys who can 'contribute'.
haha gold

adub

International Captain
Qld also putting out their hands to have their arse's handed to them by Pattinson. Gone a long way to confirm his test spot with today's effort.