• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Finch missing out is stiff. Talk that the wicket is pretty green up there, different deck to the one-dayer. Five bowlers necessary then??

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Finch missing out is stiff. Talk that the wicket is pretty green up there, different deck to the one-dayer. Five bowlers necessary then??
No way, Finch not playing?!?!?!?! I didnt even check the teams, just assumed he would be there, i was even thinking he;d be in for a big one again having mauled the living daylights out of the same bowlers just days before.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Number 3 is too high for Forrest and lets face it, he's not that great a bat anyway.

Finch has been dreadful for a long time in Shield so yeah I'm not against the move, despite producing an amazing knock against the same team, on the same ground in OD a few days ago.

Watching Pattinson and Siddle vs Khawaja and Burns is awesome Cricket. I wish we had a commentator on these streams.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Finch scored 232 runs @ 17.84 last season and made a duck to start this year. Perfectly justified when you consider White, Hussey and Wade returned.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stiff as a ****ing board after that knock the other night! Is it me or does he always seem to miss out on line-ball selection calls? If so, any ideas as to why?

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Stiff as a wobble board.

Vics only playing 5 bats didn't help his causes either. I can easily understand the reasoning behind playing McKay and then also giving Holland an opportunity. Realistically it was between Handscomb and Finch, nothing wrong with going for the young talent when the other bat has been struggling in that particular format for quite some time.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Finch scored 232 runs @ 17.84 last season and made a duck to start this year. Perfectly justified when you consider White, Hussey and Wade returned.
Him or Handscomb as a bat, Finch had a nightmare of a year last year. Was cultivating a decent record before that, and has reportedly been the standout in the preseason matches this season.

More my point being Hastings at 7 is a spot too high, to fit in all five bowlers (Hasto, McKay, Sids, Patto, Holland).

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Stiff as a ****ing board after that knock the other night! Is it me or does he always seem to miss out on line-ball selection calls? If so, any ideas as to why?
Some people would look at the club that Handscomb plays for (St. Kilda) and point at that. Because they are a powerhouse, they do attract some really good kids, but those kids do seem to get fast-tracked a bit quicker.

Andrew Lynch, chairman of selectors/talent manager, and Shaun Graf, GM of cricket, both from St. Kilda.

Finch still plays his cricket at Geelong, which has produced a number of excellent juniors and guys with rookie contract that haven't gone on.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Man its been a great spell from Sid.

Hopes out to Hastings was a terrible shot given the situation. Can't expect Cutting and Hartley to save us again, we'll do well to make 150 here.

adub

International Captain
Qld finding the Vics pace attack on a spicy wicket a bit different a proposition to SA.

Tas finding SA to be pretty much as expected.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I like that it was Siddle and Pattinson that took the entire QLD top order. I still want QLD to win by a huge margin, but I do like that half our pace attack is finding form before the tests.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Vics in trouble here 5/64 in reply to 149. Finch got more runs in the OD match. Even with his performances last season, its strange call. I doubt he would have made a difference, can't recall too many big runs from him in seaming conditions. Always seem to be a bit of FTB.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Tom Cooper - making Peter Forrest look international quality since 2011.
I'm no Tom Cooper fan but the report yesterday seemed to indicate that he suffered a suspected broken hand - now I'm not sure if it is, but it certainly couldn't have helped him.

adub

International Captain
I'm no Tom Cooper fan but the report yesterday seemed to indicate that he suffered a suspected broken hand - now I'm not sure if it is, but it certainly couldn't have helped him.
Very big call to send out a guy with a broken hand as number 3. Either it's crap or SA is more of joke than I already thought.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Just looking over some First Class records, how come Butterworth hasn't been considered for Test cricket? Got a pretty outstanding bowling record and a good batting average. Same question with James Faulkner.