• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At least he'll have something useful to do now.

Tassie's batting line-up today = long day. Ponting loves AO so you'd back him to ton-up but I'll be interested to see how construction of the new stands affect conditions. Rain/thunderstorms predicted tomorrow and for the rest of the week so a result is unlikely you'd think but I'd confidently pencil in Tassie for points since they'll be batting in in the only good conditions..

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Watching a small passage of play Cosgrove facing Christian has been hilarious. Pitch is basically on the member's edge of the square and Cosgrove has been beaten I dunno how many times trying to drive through cover going for the short boundary. He knows he shouldn't but he just can't help himself. Sums him up nicely.

Some good fields set by Botha so far, Cowan and Cosgrove having to work hard.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
1/182 currently, Tassie doing superbly. I've really enjoyed this partnership, Doolan is a bit underrated. Cosgrove has started the year superbly, opener could be his spot.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What sort of pace does Miller bowl at? Does he do much with the ball?

Medium pace pies with no swing is my assessment.

Bowls off quite an unnecassirly long run up. He just ambles in and then puts some effort into the delivery with a quickish action.

Top_Cat

Lawwwwwng day. 1/222 with a session to play, Cosgrove in the groove and alpha types like Ponting and Blizzard in the sheds.

Tas to finish the day 450+ or all-out 295 losing 9 wickets all caught on the fence in the arc between fine-leg and wide mid-on.

Top_Cat

haha, hilarious passage of play, Cosgrove just run-out after being forced to run > 1 on an easy 3, the person manning the camera initially focuses on the SA team celebrating but then zooms out and looks for Cosgrove walking off/having a bit spit, KFC umbrella in the way, quickly moves left and almost falls off the stand desperately trying to keep on Cosgrove in frame.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
haha, hilarious passage of play, Cosgrove just run-out after being forced to run > 1 on an easy 3, the person manning the camera initially focuses on the SA team celebrating but then zooms out and looks for Cosgrove walking off/having a bit spit, KFC umbrella in the way, quickly moves left and almost falls off the stand desperately trying to keep on Cosgrove in frame.
Bugger missed it!

Disappointed for Cosy, its the exact way you wouldn't want him to get out as it'll take a little gloss of what appears to be good century.

I watched some of it and he looked so secure and in some ways its crazy to think his opening partner is the Aussie opener and not him.

Such an important knock for Doolan who was under some pressure to keep his spot with Bailey coming back soon.

What a 6 by Punter.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I find it interesting that the selectors see Cruickshank as an opening batsmen, when he has played his whole career at Grade level at 3 and 4. Whereas Dawson who has opened for Tasmania is seen as middle order batsmen. Really should be the other way around.

Good to see Patterson score some runs.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Having gone to tea at 3-241, New South Wales then dominated the final session, with Dawson looking set for a hundred, before edging behind for 91 to leave Kurtis Patterson to take control. He took advantage of a tiring attack to dominate off the front foot, lofting the spinners over the top at will to reach his century just before stumps. He ended the day uneaten on 103 from 142 balls, with 15 fours and a six. He was well supported at the end by debutant Adam Semple from Randwick-Petersham who finished on 29 not out.

Oh, Cribb and I don't like the sound of that at all. :laugh: Hope Ashton can at least get a ton of his own if it's a flat one.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Didn't watch any of today, so how is Lyon bowling?

Having a nightmare start to the season. Cannot buy a wicket and is leaking runs like it's Cullen Bailey all over again.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Cant wait to get home and watch the Ponting innings, HAMMERED Lyon for 4 sixes!!!! I'll chuck some highlights up if i can, and of Cosgrove's 100, and his hilarious dismissal.

LOVING the shield stream!!!!! Not bad camera work either in this match, compared to the Perth and Brisbane matches.

Top_Cat

Didn't watch any of today, so how is Lyon bowling?

Having a nightmare start to the season. Cannot buy a wicket and is leaking runs like it's Cullen Bailey all over again.
Couple of unhelpful decks, I reckon. From what I saw of his bowling he's going okay but just needs a bit of luck. Possibly not quite doing enough to stop being milked too.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Couple of unhelpful decks, I reckon. From what I saw of his bowling he's going okay but just needs a bit of luck. Possibly not quite doing enough to stop being milked too.
Agreed. Apparently Cosgrove and Doolan were both dropped off his bowling.

Last edited:

Riggins

International Captain
Cant wait to get home and watch the Ponting innings, HAMMERED Lyon for 4 sixes!!!! I'll chuck some highlights up if i can, and of Cosgrove's 100, and his hilarious dismissal.

LOVING the shield stream!!!!! Not bad camera work either in this match, compared to the Perth and Brisbane matches.
Legend, can't wait to watch ponting bat especially. About the first time this semester i've actually had to be at uni and of course its when ponting is batting.