• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Why are they so insistent on bowling Cutting? He's getting belted everywhere and bowling horrendously.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'd hate to be a bowler in the Ryobi Cup. Not only do you have to bowl on 320 par OD wickets, but you have to contend with the third umpire only intervening if the umpire makes an error in your favour. If there was no inside edge there but the umpire thought there was then the decision wouldn't be over-turned, which makes it an absolutely rubbish system.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd hate to be a bowler in the Ryobi Cup. Not only do you have to bowl on 320 par OD wickets, but you have to contend with the third umpire only intervening if the umpire makes an error in your favour. If there was no inside edge there but the umpire thought there was then the decision wouldn't be over-turned, which makes it an absolutely rubbish system.
Serious? That's just a bizarre playing condition. What's the rationale for that?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Serious? That's just a bizarre playing condition. What's the rationale for that?
Technically it's not the case; the third umpire can over-rule not out decisions as well. It just never happens. I certainly don't think we'll ever see it for an inside edge based decision as it'd require the umpire to actually tell the third umpire why he didn't give it.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
It's just how it works out, simply because you have enough time to review things before the next ball is bowled.

If this is the system that would be used without challenges, so that Tubby Taylor is a happy man and doesn't see the umpire's authority being "questioned", then it's arse-about-face, and you end up with that situation with Finch last year refusing to walk off.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
**** yeah, what happened to Ash Gilbert I wonder? Remember him getting a ton of hype, mainly for being so goddamn tall.

In other domestic news, Pete Forrest seems to be in a deep, deep trough.
Last i heard he was a gas meter reader, you know, the guys walking to houses reading your meter.....no joke!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Tassie won the toss and are batting. Could be a long day for SA, I personally think Doolan is due. I am looking forward to seeing how effective Lyon and Botha are bowling in tandem.

Klinger injured, meaning Miller gets a promotion to open after scoring 1,0 on debut.