• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To be fair Miller is a better batsman than he is a bowler by a little bit so I wouldn't call him a "bowling allrounder". I'm just really surprised that he's been selected if his bowling was thought of quite as lowly as it is, especially seeing he isn't going to open the batting. When I saw he'd been picked I assumed it was to be in a bits-and-pieces role so you guys could still have four seamers in the first innings at the Gabba without having an even longer tail than you do or dropping Lyon, but he's barely bowled at all. I'm flabbergasted that the selectors seem to be admitting he's one of the six best batsmen available.
He's not. I'm guessing he's the best approximation of what Dan Christian brings to the table and so, to minimise disruption to the others when Christian comes back into the side, he's been shoved in to bat 6.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What sort of pace does Miller bowl at? Does he do much with the ball?
Just medium pace; would be mid to late 120s I guess. More of a line bowler who looks to move it off the seam than a real swinger of the ball from what I know. Was worth more than 5 overs out of 113 on this wicket if he was going to be in the side, anyway.

I think the strangest thing about him not bowling much is the fact that Lyon is captain though; I'm sure he would've played a bit with Lyon for the Comets, and he opened the bowling in that side.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He's not. I'm guessing he's the best approximation of what Dan Christian brings to the table and so, to minimise disruption to the others when Christian comes back into the side, he's been shoved in to bat 6.
Yeah I thought so too. What's strange is how little he bowled though. I guess Lyon and the selectors just aren't on the same page with it.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
To be fair Miller is a better batsman than he is a bowler by a little bit so I wouldn't call him a "bowling allrounder". I'm just really surprised that he's been selected if his bowling was thought of quite as lowly as it is, especially seeing he isn't going to open the batting. When I saw he'd been picked I assumed it was to be in a bits-and-pieces role so you guys could still have four seamers in the first innings at the Gabba without having an even longer tail than you do or dropping Lyon, but he's barely bowled at all. I'm flabbergasted that the selectors seem to be admitting he's one of the six best batsmen available.
Was easily their best batsman in the warm-up matches, got a ton and a ninety against full opposition state line-ups.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Victoria have been sent the task of chasing one run to win the match then.

Hastings in the wickets again, terrible start to the Shield from WA.

Top_Cat

Looks a monty to be nailed by a skiddy bowler like Hopes, nipping it back in. Plays with some time, though, give him that.

Top_Cat

Looks a monty to be nailed by a skiddy bowler like Hopes, nipping it back in. Plays with some time, though, give him that.
Caught in gully off the tall seamer with one nipping away. Could not have got it more wrong, tbh.

Burgey

No streaming for the SA match? Wanted to have a look at how the Prince was going, technique wise.

morgieb

Check out South Australia's lineup. I think he may be.