Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Tassie: Bailey
    Vic: White
    QLD: hopes/hartley
    SA: Botha
    NSW: Smitteh
    WA: Agar

make it happen
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    The thing with Uzi is that if he finishes the tour having not played a test as a reserve bat he'd have been better off finishing the season with his state.
    and yet if he'd only done his homework...

Quote Originally Posted by adub View Post
    and yet if he'd only done his homework...
    I suspect that Clarke would have blocked his inclusion anyway but the stupid bugger made it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by adub View Post
    "Burns signed as a replacement for Ramnaresh Sarwan at Leicestershire County Cricket Club. Burns will spend time between 15th May and 30th August playing 7 FC games, 11 List A games and 10 T20 Games."

Joe Burns (cricketer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2nd Div
    Cheers. Decent mix of games I guess.
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Cheers. Decent mix of games I guess.
    pretty comparable to a full home summer, just a bit more white ball than red.

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    I dont give a crap about Khawaja's attitude. He should be next in line if someone is dropped. Being in the squad but never playing doesnt help anyone.
    Yeah, no, maybe. Look I think he should have played more before now and he's been treated unfairly. He should be next in line but after homework gate I don't know where he stands with the selectors and coach anymore. So I guess I'm writing him off bcos I'm thinking the hierarchy are going to bench him like they have Cosgrove. Hope not so but is the feeling I'm getting.

International Vice-Captain
    Grant Lambert retires from Sydney grade,a useful and gritty allrounder for NSW.
    Marcus North completes a 2nd year contract for WA next season.

Lack of Queensland player in domestic cricket All Star sides sparks backlash | News.com.au

Oh dear. I can't believe none of Burns, Cutting, McDermott or even Hartley made any of the teams.

Queensland Bulls skipper James Hopes on way to Hobart after birth of daughter | The Courier-Mail

Gotta love Ben Dorries taking a photo on his phone of James Hopes while they're checking their luggage in, then posting it as news.
    Andrew Symonds 143*

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    Lack of Queensland player in domestic cricket All Star sides sparks backlash | News.com.au

Oh dear. I can't believe none of Burns, Cutting, McDermott or even Hartley made any of the teams.
    That's insane.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    it's not really.

Pomersbach as the second highest scorer in the BBL should've been in the team
    Hartley was the best performed keeper in the Ryobi Cup, and was the 5th leading run scorer in the competition - however his strike rate was low at 65
    Joe Burns averaged 34 in the Shield and Queensland's highest wicket taker was Gannon with 28... for comparison, Sayers took 48 wickets to be top of the list

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post

Its not really that surprising, if you look at it Qld don't have too many dynamic players who could change the course of the game on their own, they have a bunch of hard working honest cricketers who punch above their weight and that's why despite having made it to all three finals this year, nobody apart from Harris and Pomersbach stands out from their side.

Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    The problem isn't that Cossie is fat. Its the non cricket reason keeping him out thats stupid. Just another exasperating example of what we're doing wrong. What was ever the problem with selecting someone on performances? Why does being a fatty trump being able to play?

Is Cossie a waddler anyway? His fc stats show him to be a good catcher. He's a handy medium pacer too and brings that to the side if you're looking for someone to bowl the overs that might be considered too much for Pattinson.

Burns, Maddinson and now Silk should be left to perform in the shield. The only other candidates for an ashes tour are Bailey, Doolan, Ferguson and Rogers in addition to the 6 screwing up in India atm. Unless Ponting's form has the selectors trying to talk him back into availability. I was thinking that we might have to pick 2 of them for Usman and Hughes. Maybe if the latter can turn 50 into 100 in the 3rd test we'll only need 1 replacement
    Agree regarding Cossie, he has been one of the best performers in domestic cricket for almost half a decade now yet despite such drought of batting talent if they don't see him as a viable option then its just sad, sure he is fat but he is definitely cricket fit which is all that should matter at the end of the day.

Probably doesn't help that the Bulls have rotated their bowlers around, mainly out of necessity through injury but also because they simply have around 6 pace bowlers they think are good enough in almost any combination.

Thread Information