• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

the big bambino

International Captain
I dont give a crap about Khawaja's attitude. He should be next in line if someone is dropped. Being in the squad but never playing doesnt help anyone.
Yeah, no, maybe. Look I think he should have played more before now and he's been treated unfairly. He should be next in line but after homework gate I don't know where he stands with the selectors and coach anymore. So I guess I'm writing him off bcos I'm thinking the hierarchy are going to bench him like they have Cosgrove. Hope not so but is the feeling I'm getting.

brockley

International Captain
Grant Lambert retires from Sydney grade,a useful and gritty allrounder for NSW.
Marcus North completes a 2nd year contract for WA next season.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Pomersbach as the second highest scorer in the BBL should've been in the team
Hartley was the best performed keeper in the Ryobi Cup, and was the 5th leading run scorer in the competition - however his strike rate was low at 65
Joe Burns averaged 34 in the Shield and Queensland's highest wicket taker was Gannon with 28... for comparison, Sayers took 48 wickets to be top of the list

pup11

International Coach
Lack of Queensland player in domestic cricket All Star sides sparks backlash | News.com.au

Oh dear. I can't believe none of Burns, Cutting, McDermott or even Hartley made any of the teams.
Its not really that surprising, if you look at it Qld don't have too many dynamic players who could change the course of the game on their own, they have a bunch of hard working honest cricketers who punch above their weight and that's why despite having made it to all three finals this year, nobody apart from Harris and Pomersbach stands out from their side.

The problem isn't that Cossie is fat. Its the non cricket reason keeping him out thats stupid. Just another exasperating example of what we're doing wrong. What was ever the problem with selecting someone on performances? Why does being a fatty trump being able to play?

Is Cossie a waddler anyway? His fc stats show him to be a good catcher. He's a handy medium pacer too and brings that to the side if you're looking for someone to bowl the overs that might be considered too much for Pattinson.

Burns, Maddinson and now Silk should be left to perform in the shield. The only other candidates for an ashes tour are Bailey, Doolan, Ferguson and Rogers in addition to the 6 screwing up in India atm. Unless Ponting's form has the selectors trying to talk him back into availability. I was thinking that we might have to pick 2 of them for Usman and Hughes. Maybe if the latter can turn 50 into 100 in the 3rd test we'll only need 1 replacement
Agree regarding Cossie, he has been one of the best performers in domestic cricket for almost half a decade now yet despite such drought of batting talent if they don't see him as a viable option then its just sad, sure he is fat but he is definitely cricket fit which is all that should matter at the end of the day.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Probably doesn't help that the Bulls have rotated their bowlers around, mainly out of necessity through injury but also because they simply have around 6 pace bowlers they think are good enough in almost any combination.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thoughts on this gannondorg blokes action?
I'm not the biggest fan. I guess it's what he finds comfortable, but I think he could be slightly quicker with a better action.

In other news, Harris with a terrible economy rate of 1.66.

This is how Tasmania strangled QLD in the last shield match. Survive the new ball and then pile on the runs in the middle order when the ball is older.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah I never got that impression watching him on the ground. His arm looked perfectly fine, but his run-up and landing looks awkward.