• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
LOL.

I know Dan Christian is currently numero dos but I don't think Henriques or Marsh have to have sustained excellence for that long to displace DC for when Watto gets injured.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
LOL.

I know Dan Christian is currently numero dos but I don't think Henriques or Marsh have to have sustained excellence for that long to displace DC for when Watto gets injured.
Yeah the Australian cricket hierarchy are quite clearly a lot keener on Henriques and Marsh than Christian; they just couldn't begin to justify those whims in terms of actual performance last season.

Maxwell's a bit different; I don't think he's really in direct competition as such. Such a different cricketer in general.

Sylvester

State Captain
Hopefully this is the making of Henriques, he has one of the best techniques of the younger guys we have coming through, always been a temperament issue for him.

Ruckus

International Captain
Really hope Maddinson doesn't turn out to be another Shaun Marsh 'looks good/gets out often' type player. So much of Australia's future in test cricket is banking on players like him now.

brockley

International Captain
Sammy Miller progress Victorian Country,Australian Country,Canberra Comets,Northn Territory cricket,picked for the Redbacks.Now thats a mouthfull :-O
Congrats Enreekez,long live the star.:happy:

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Pleased with Henriques. His only chance to play for Australia is to become a player worthy of the number six position. His bowling is a nice bonus, however the true natural ability rests with his ability to score runs.

As already said. Henriques appears to have a mental rather than a technical problem when at the crease. An innings like this has the potential to flick a switch he hasn't discovered since his junior days.

brockley

International Captain
Yes i know his name is Henriques,little sensitive hey.:p
I would pick him for the A squad,depending how Christian goes.

Good signs tho,feel sorry for the lost opportunity for Dom altho his batting has declined a lot look at his grade scores.

On Sammy Miller looking at the much travelled way he took to play his first class cricket,maybe he should have avoided the Canberra Comets and moved straight away to South Australia. His travels are a merry web :blink:.

BTW we need a thread on how many country cricketers have played state cricket. Would be interesting to study their production line Michael Bevan and Shane Harwood to name a few.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yes i know his name is Henriques,little sensitive hey.:p
I would pick him for the A squad,depending how Christian goes.

Good signs tho,feel sorry for the lost opportunity for Dom altho his batting has declined a lot look at his grade scores.

On Sammy Miller looking at the much travelled way he took to play his first class cricket,maybe he should have avoided the Canberra Comets and moved straight away to South Australia. His travels are a merry web :blink:.

BTW we need a thread on how many country cricketers have played state cricket. Would be interesting to study their production line Michael Bevan and Shane Harwood to name a few.
Miller was guaranteed/extremely likely to play for the Comets and get consistent 2nd XI cricket. Vic and SA weren't prepared to promise him that.

brockley

International Captain
ACT Cricket
Canberra Comets squad,Mark Higgs retires,congrats for long career with Canberra Comets,South Australia and New South Wales.Shame he didn't play more for Australia.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I recall his last season at South Australia was woeful, however South Australia carried far worse cricketers than Higgs over the next 4 to 5 years.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
There were even talks he might snag himself a Big Bash deal when they first became separate, although I think that was pretty much dependant on Canberra getting the second "NSW" franchise ahead of the Thunder.