• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
seems to me Tassie have batted too long here. there's probably enough time to bowl Victoria out, but I think declaring even just 15-20 minutes ago when the 300 run lead was up and having an over or two before lunch was the better go

adub

International Captain
seems to me Tassie have batted too long here. there's probably enough time to bowl Victoria out, but I think declaring even just 15-20 minutes ago when the 300 run lead was up and having an over or two before lunch was the better go
Fingers crossed.

On related matters, happy for Ponting to have a bangin season, but how depressing that a pensioner who (correctly) called time on his international career because he simply couldn't hack it at international level any more is dominating the Shield runs to such an extent. Sure he's a gun, but there is not one young bat around who is putting it up there in front of the selectors with runs anything like Punter. The next best guys are Rogers and Hughes. And we could very likely leave both at home when we go to England the way things are panning out. Doolan's year should be marked just passable and Cosgrove has been his usual dependable self without setting the world on fire. All the rest of the bats have sucked **** more often than not. Dire.

Personally I'd be very very very seriously looking at Rogers at 3 for the Ashes with Hughes maybe hanging on down the order because apart from the last three tests (where he has already scored more than Ponting could manage in 01) his summer has earned a show of faith. No other **** has done anything to deserve a trip.

adub

International Captain
FFS Burns!

Needed those ****s to bat until lunch at least.

Burns really needs to step the **** up. A guy with 2 tons and 2 50s for the season shouldn't be averaging anything like <35. He needs to tell Boof he's batting 3 from now on and then deliver. Has time, but needs to stop getting out cheaply.

adub

International Captain
hey rain near Hastings. get bigger and hit hobart!

Will be interesting to see how the Vics approach it. With Qld ****ing up it doesn't look like they can play for the draw and hope for the same in Perth. Still 73 overs due so Tassie looking good. #prayingforrain

adub

International Captain
Hilfenhaus relegated to first change with Bird not even in the side.

#missingbillyjustasmuchaspsiddy