• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has any playa been watching the TAS/QLD game? Is the wicket as tricky as most of the scores indicate? (thus giving me more of an excuse to push the barrow of my boi D00lan)

Spikey

hey Riggins, which ground is most likely to host the final if SA get it and they can't use Adl

Riggins

International Captain
Probably Gliderol Stadium (Glenelg oval)

such an absolute joke that there's never gonna be a shield final at adelaide oval again. man.

Riggins

International Captain
they've played a few of the futures games there this year, one at prospect oval.

glenelg historically been pretty low and slow, breaking up plenty even by the last session on day one. the last 2 (i think) years its been taken over by new ground staff it's gotten a lot better, bit more true bounce and consistency. outfield not great, nice cafe on the boundary though.

Spikey

i mean, you'd like to think that could put off ripping up the ground for a week or two

(also you'd like to think SA won't win hosting rights)

Riggins

International Captain
i flicked it on before and it looked fine, colour wise and the few balls i watched didn't look crazy. who knows though, probably just some swing early and a runout don't help.

Top_Cat

they've played a few of the futures games there this year, one at prospect oval.

glenelg historically been pretty low and slow, breaking up plenty even by the last session on day one. the last 2 (i think) years its been taken over by new ground staff it's gotten a lot better, bit more true bounce and consistency. outfield not great, nice cafe on the boundary though.
Yeah, remember slow and low being the norm. Don't mind that at all for this SA team.

Top_Cat

Sayers giving them nothing, looks an entirely different bowler when compared to before this season.

Top_Cat

Tea coming up very soon, with 9 down do they take it or is it one of those extra half-hour dealies?

EDIT: This game really feels like a loss for SA at this point....

Last edited: