• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

aussie tragic

International Captain
So finally an Aussie Batsman steps up....Burns 120 after coming in at 3-18

Others (in order of average)

Doolan 21 & 71*
Maddinson 76 & 17
Cosgrove 25 & 63
Ferguson 63 & 21
White 4 & 73
Dussey 2 & 62

and then...

Quinney 18 & 45
Rogers 17 & 30
Bailey 0 & 12
Forest 0

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
'backs batting really is diabolical without Hughes. If they do make the Shield final, for probably the first time ever in SA history, they'll have done it on the back of and be relying heavily on their bowling.

Top_Cat

Ludeman doesn't seem to regard him as overly quick. He was standing up for Sayers in his 5th over just now. The 3rd ball got a wicket and he moved back.
Dunno if it's a pace thing. My impression is that he can do that because he's accurate and won't hit the seam and remove Ludeman's teeth.

Not that I'm suggesting he's terribly quick, though. But he looks 130+ to my eyes. I'm sure he'd touch 140 on occasions. Reminds me of Darren Gough a lot.

Top_Cat

Probably right. Whatever his speed, when I've seen him bowl he's hurried blokes in defence regularly so hopefully he doesn't feel the pressure to bowl any quicker because his gun speed isn't express.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hmm, on the clock in the one dayer he was touching 130km/h, but him getting to 140km/h is a big stretch, IMO.
Yeah I agree. I reckon he's similar in pace to Philander but probably a bit fitter, so he'll maintain the 130-135 pace longer than Philander manages to. High 120s to mid 130s is where I'd estimate him generally; nothing wrong with that of course.

Top_Cat

Tense day at AO today. Massive opportunity for SA to go top and with Hussey in the sheds last ball yesterday, odds are looking good.

Last edited:

the big bambino

International Captain
Well he sounds allright then. No problem with keepers standing up to pace men. Gives them an advantage in being able to apply that tactic as a variation.

Spikey

congrats to Dominic Michael for completing a pair, and congrats to Peter Forrest for completing a king pair