Page 120 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2907

Thread: ***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    sok doesn't often bowl that many overs does he? although i guess nsw doesnt often pick so few bowlers
    Well he's the captain of the team and there's a Test team to India being named soon with a spinner's spot up for grabs...
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I would have played both Christian and Richardson itbt. I have nothing against either Mennie or Worrall - they're both much more decent cricketers than SA's reserve batting stocks - but I think the tail is a tad long now so I would've played Christian to rectify that, and Richardson as stated is just straight up a better bowler than those two. As it stands, Botha will be at 6, Ludeman at 7 and Sayers at 8.. that's an awful lot of faith in what has been a misfiring top 5, especially since it contains an entirely unproven opener plucked out of SA grade cricket.

I think Cooper coming back in for Raphael is inevitable as well but Cooper really doesn't deserve to be playing at the moment, so fair enough call there for now.
    Yeah, I'd have done the same. I reckon Botha's probably worthy of being selected on bowling alone so that makes it Botha, Lyon, Richo, Sayers + Christian as the AR. Far better tail and still a better bowling attack.

Raphael should keep his spot. He's without a doubt one of our better prospects/cricketers in general. Probably better than Head.

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    he's made 600 runs in grade cricket this season in 5 games, reckon he's done about as much as you could ask for in terms of a recall.
    That's true, but they're been ordinary knocks. Like, he's still batting well but from all reports (I haven't seen them, only getting word from those at the club) the tons he's scored have been scratchy and slashy, if that makes sense.

Yet again, you'll get the best view on Saturday from behind the stumps. Let me know how he looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    the thing for me is, aside from the one big futures hundred, he never really posted big scores. He always seemed to make the easiest 40 off 45 and then get out, in the first class games, futures, grade, all of it. that it seems he's started to get more mongrel about him and actually bat whole days makes me think it's clicked, and that he'd tear it up, which his should, because prince aside he's the most talented bloke in the squad by a mile.
    Yeah, this definitely.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    that futures hundred was against nsw so i mean
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

of course two of SA's remaining games are against NSW, so you've gotta bring him back

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Victoria 8 down already. Way too big tail. Hastings is a number 8 at best.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Sayers has now taken 6 wickets.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Richardson's action keeps him out

Well, that's a first for me. Have never heard of a bloke omitted because the team's worried he'll be pinged for running in the danger zone. Interesting decision.

Sayers the wrecking ball this morning. Good on him, would be making his dad proud.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Went from 6/314 to all out 319.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post

Well, that's a first for me. Have never heard of a bloke omitted because the team's worried he'll be pinged for running in the danger zone. Interesting decision.

Sayers the wrecking ball this morning. Good on him, would be making his dad proud.
    Probably fair to worry about it, though. Have a look where his right foot lands after letting go of the ball here. Ends up in the danger zone for just about all of his subsequent steps. Obviously word's gotten around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MP4N2ZXYMU#t=1m26s

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post

So why pick him in the squad

I thought the run-up thing explained why Richardson had only played two games - both as an all-rounder - this season though

and also next game, when Lyon will be gone and you'll probably pick 4 seamers, I expect to see Richardson.

oh just anyone but Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    and also next game, when Lyon will be gone and you'll probably pick 4 seamers, I expect to see Richardson.

oh just anyone but Christian
    I reckon they'll both play. Probably Cooper too. Taste it.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

oh i'll taste it. you better believe i'll taste it

pews fuming that agar got the game over turner

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    pews fuming that agar got the game over turner
    Haha yeah, WA definitely seem keener on Agar than Turner even though CA seem to think the opposite. Haven't been following WA grade cricket at all this season though so I have no idea how they've been going there.

Thread Information