• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

ajdude

International Coach
my girlfriend used to think he was attractive until she saw his face, bit of a prawn

similarly i used to think he was a better bat than that

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
When was the last time that a state held both OD and Shield trophies? Not to mention the big bash too.

Is anyone going to Sydney Grade LO Final this weekend (weather permitting). I'm going to this sports hall of fame thing on there.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket NSW seek a new State coach

Cricket New South Wales are seeking a new State Coach. The role will oversee the implementation and development of a coaching structure for Cricket NSW that will include the State side (NSW SpeedBlitz Blues) and two Big Bash Teams (Sydney Sixers and Sydney Thunder). The State Coach will play an active role as Head Coach of the State team (NSW SpeedBlitz Blues) and ideally a Big Bash League team (Sydney Sixers or Sydney Thunder).

The candidate sought will have had a successful coaching career with proven results, in addition to having successfully managed a coaching structure at the highest level.

All candidates should have experience of coaching at International level, plus have demonstrated success in all three forms of the game.

Expressions of interest are invited before COB Friday 8th March.

Applications should be sent to david.thompson@cricketnsw.com.au
damn, that's me out. international exp + the all clear to remain coaching in the BBL (as opposed the ban in place for the last 2 seasons) is basically saying 'hey Trevor Bayliss! come join us!" right

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Cricket NSW seek a new State coach

damn, that's me out. international exp + the all clear to remain coaching in the BBL (as opposed the ban in place for the last 2 seasons) is basically saying 'hey Trevor Bayliss! come join us!" right
Haha yeah. I think the idea that the NSW side remain unbiased wrt the Big Bash has really disintegrated since it became apparent that the vast majority of the side was going to play for the Sixers. The Thunder needs to find its own identity somehow; either by actually managing to sign up most of the blokes who live in Western Sydney/play for Western Sydney clubs, or almost divorcing itself from the NSW Cricket administration and going hard for the guys who are from NSW but play Shield cricket for other states. The fact that the BBL is played over Christmas could make it really attractive for players to come back home, be with family etc over that period.

Spikey

the boy Dyson got sacked btw, obviously. so two GM spots, NSW coach and possibly the Thunder coaching spot are up for grabs

morgieb

Apparently County Cricket tried to sign a mate of mine, but he turned them down due to schooling commitments.

Spikey

doesn't strike me as a big deal. dude's made a career choice and it sounds like he's spent a fair amount of time in england anyway ("He made his debut for the (Warwickshire) second XI aged just 14"). No biggie.

Spikey

also given he signed this deal last year, it strikes me as dumb that Aus picked him for the U19 WC

Last edited: