• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Maher nips one back to clip Clarke's off stump. 4/64.

Smith looking assured, and Faulkner is a bit off his line.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
37, final offer.
Looks like Pup took you up on your offer.

rvd, how many people approx have ventured out to Bankstown? Not on your view, but does it appear good bowling conditions or just good bowling (especially the opening pair)?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like Pup took you up on your offer.

rvd, how many people approx have ventured out to Bankstown? Not on your view, but does it appear good bowling conditions or just good bowling (especially the opening pair)?
Biggest Shield crowd you'll see all year. no idea of a number, but the grandstand
is half full and there's a ring around 2/3 of the ground.

Jackson Bird was very impressive, I think there was something in the deck early but the bounce and carry are consistent. The Tassie bowlers were on a good line and length early; they forced the mistakes.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Biggest Shield crowd you'll see all year. no idea of a number, but the grandstand
is half full and there's a ring around 2/3 of the ground.

Jackson Bird was very impressive, I think there was something in the deck early but the bounce and carry are consistent. The Tassie bowlers were on a good line and length early; they forced the mistakes.
Thanks mate. Hopefully the fans can enjoy seeing a bit more of Smith after lunch since I tipped him to be NSW's leading run scorer first innings. ;)

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks mate. Hopefully the fans can enjoy seeing a bit more of Smith after lunch since I tipped him to be NSW's leading run scorer first innings. ;)
46* and looking comfortable - with Clarke gone he's definitely the favourite.

Ponting git stuck on the fence for an over. Mobbed for autographs.

uvelocity

International Coach
just checking the score & :(

Over 46.1: Faulkner to Haddin, no run, OUT, oh dear, Haddin drives and Faulkner deflects onto the wicket with Smith out backing up

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thanks rvd.

Smith's fault though. No need to be out of your crease in a 4 day match when survival is important.

Ruckus

International Captain
That is a hell of a good recovery. Good job from Hadds and Moises. Liking that Bird is in the wickets again too...straight from where he left off.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks rvd.

Smith's fault though. No need to be out of your crease in a 4 day match when survival is important.
DWTA. More bad luck than anything else, from where I was standing. He wasn't far out and Haddin belted it; no chance to get back. By that stage NSW had got back into it and were trying to take advantage of a sub-par Faulkner.

That is a hell of a good recovery. Good job from Hadds and Moises. Liking that Bird is in the wickets again too...straight from where he left off.
It was a strange day for Bird. He started off really well in the first session, but his later spells lacked any real aggression or penetration. He was getting a lot of work from the physio on his side, and came off a couple of times for a little bit of treatment. Hopefully it doesn't develop into anything major.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reckon Henriques is a big chance at playing for Australia this year

He might not deserve it but he has everything selectors have looked for in the past i.e. he's an all-rounder

Ruckus

International Captain
It was a strange day for Bird. He started off really well in the first session, but his later spells lacked any real aggression or penetration. He was getting a lot of work from the physio on his side, and came off a couple of times for a little bit of treatment. Hopefully it doesn't develop into anything major.
Well I've got to say, when I watched him bowl for the first time in the last shield final, I was slightly disappointed given the figures he had boasted in the season. My impression of him was pretty similar to McDermott really - both looked like solid, consistent bowlers but maybe lacking a bit of penetration in the later overs. I hope he does continue to do well though, cause part of me would really like to see a slower pace bowler hold down their place successfully in the test team. Would add balance to the squad.