Page 119 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2907

Thread: ***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    the thing for me is, aside from the one big futures hundred, he never really posted big scores. He always seemed to make the easiest 40 off 45 and then get out, in the first class games, futures, grade, all of it. that it seems he's started to get more mongrel about him and actually bat whole days makes me think it's clicked, and that he'd tear it up, which his should, because prince aside he's the most talented bloke in the squad by a mile.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I would have played both Christian and Richardson itbt. I have nothing against either Mennie or Worrall - they're both much more decent cricketers than SA's reserve batting stocks - but I think the tail is a tad long now so I would've played Christian to rectify that, and Richardson as stated is just straight up a better bowler than those two. As it stands, Botha will be at 6, Ludeman at 7 and Sayers at 8.. that's an awful lot of faith in what has been a misfiring top 5, especially since it contains an entirely unproven opener plucked out of SA grade cricket.

I think Cooper coming back in for Raphael is inevitable as well but Cooper really doesn't deserve to be playing at the moment, so fair enough call there for now.
    you're forgetting that christian can't really bat or bowl though
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    you're forgetting that christian can't really bat or bowl though
    Lies.
    ~ Cribbage

sok doesn't often bowl that many overs does he? although i guess nsw doesnt often pick so few bowlers
    "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts.. . For support rather than illumination. " - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

SOK likes a bowl

DAVID HUSSEY OUT FOR 1

87th over
    over 86.4: Sayers to hussey, no run, out, comes forward and plays all around one which takes the top of his off-stump - vic 4/286 as cameron white strolls out to bat
    over 86.3: Sayers to hussey, no run, aims a drive and beats him again outside off, this time he keeps his front foot behind the line
    over 86.2: Sayers to hussey, no ball, comes forward and is beaten outside off by a no-ball
    z

School Boy/Girl Captain
    David Hussey has been quite poor in FC recently. Chris Rodgers on the other hand seems to be doing fine with two tonnes already this season. Suprised no-one has mentioned his name as a possibe India/Ashes batsmen. He's definitely more of a top three batsmen though.

On another note what the hell is happening to Victoria atm.

Quote Originally Posted by TimAngas View Post
    David Hussey has been quite poor in FC recently. Chris Rodgers on the other hand seems to be doing fine with two tonnes already this season. Suprised no-one has mentioned his name as a possibe India/Ashes batsmen. He's definitely more of a top three batsmen though.

On another note what the hell is happening to Victoria atm.
    I've always been a big advocate of Rogers but trying to figure out how to order a top six consisting of Michael Clarke and five openers would make my head explode. Only worth considering as an alternative to Cowan IMO and I'm sure the selectors would sooner push Watson back to open and pick Khawaja or something if they really did want to drop Cowan.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I've always been a big advocate of Rogers but trying to figure out how to order a top six consisting of Michael Clarke and five openers would make my head explode. Only worth considering as an alternative to Cowan IMO and I'm sure the selectors would sooner push Watson back to open and pick Khawaja or something if they really did want to drop Cowan.
    Unless Cowan does a Shaun Marsh I find it pretty unlikely that Cowan will get dropped so I don't think Rodgers can open. Khawaja could bat at 6 with Rodgers at 4 although I think Bailey at 4 would be more likely IMO.

Unless of course Phil Hughes does another bowled Martin caught Guptill type situation in India.

colourblind foureyed ranga thats why

Rogers is just plain unlucky. Hayden's injury was the worst thing to happen to him.

Have also heard he was a difficult personality. I reckon he's still one of the best long form bats in the country, but it won't happen.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    I'm a fan so may be a bit biased but I honestly don't see how. Richardson is quicker and gets more seam movement than either Mennie or Worral and can bat a bit. How does he not fit into the SA XI as it stands?
    Only play him in Hobart because the pitch is so green he won't have to bowl long enough to get three warnings.

haha good one

NSW v WA - Bupa SS - Day 1 Highlights from Blacktown International Sportspark - YouTube

couple of filthy long hops getting wickets there. thanks wa

i do like how tremain bowls a couple of crackers for no result against crappy batsman, and then serves a wide half volley that hussey hits straight to the man, tbf

Thread Information