Page 114 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2907

Thread: ***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    yeah with Haddin looking pretty likely to play on next season (in that he looks likely to remain the back-up keeper into the home ashes series, so why retire) it'd be a sensible move.

i guess sacking both the coach and captain might be a bit rough given we're still a good chance of winning the shield. but you know, both shouldn't've got the job in the first place
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Apparently the young group of players massively support O'Keefe as captain. But Dave Gilbert needs to go, after the massive exodus of players interstate due to poor management.

Will be interesting to see how Chandika Hathurusingha, he had a lot of mixed opinions during his time with Sri Lanka A. Helped the batsmen a lot, but unless with the quicks. Could see him being the opposite of Anthony Stuart.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

i think the players would massively support Smitteh or Haddin as captain, though.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    I think you might under estimate much the likes of Moses, Smith, Maddinson, Halzewood, Copeland, Starc, Cummins and Warner support O'Keefe as captain. It really just some older and retired players calling for Katich last season and Haddin as captain. These guys are now the core players in the squad. It if wasn't for Clark, Bayliss and Richards (the old guard) Smith or O'Keefe would be captaining the Sixers as well.

All well and good but the old guard know success, the new guard don't. Until that changes the the current guard of young guys have no place to whinge.

Something's rotten in state of NSW cricket - starting at the top

Geoff Lawson speaks. Oh thank god...

Theory I've been working on in my head lately but haven't been putting too much thought into - Gilbert is responsible for the weird selections we've seen over the past 3-4 years. Like, he played a big role in the SOK-Katich thing, which seemed strange to me, like he's the CEO, surely he shouldn't be deciding this? the coach and selection panel should be the guys suggesting a move like that, right? And he played a role in that Lee-having-to-prove-his-fitness thing and like, I dunno know we've got a new selection panel this season, yet we're still seeing the same old weird selections. maybe he has a very strong opinion...
    Last edited by Spikey; 05-01-2013 at 06:22 AM.

I made it three quarters of the way through that article before deciding on a solution.

if NSW does **** for 18 months everyone gets sacked
    "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts.. . For support rather than illumination. " - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Something's rotten in state of NSW cricket - starting at the top

Geoff Lawson speaks. Oh thank god...

Theory I've been working on in my head lately but haven't been putting too much thought into - Gilbert is responsible for the weird selections we've seen over the past 3-4 years. Like, he played a big role in the SOK-Katich thing, which seemed strange to me, like he's the CEO, surely he shouldn't be deciding this? the coach and selection panel should be the guys suggesting a move like that, right? And he played a role in that Lee-having-to-prove-his-fitness thing and like, I dunno know we've got a new selection panel this season, yet we're still seeing the same old weird selections. maybe he has a very strong opinion...
    Yup, weird that the CEO has so much say. I know in Victoria, we have Shaun Graf who is very influential, but at least his title is Cricket Operations, not CEO. Dodemaide keeps his nose out of it.

Howzat! Ten set to bounce Nine out of cricket TV broadcast rights | News.com.au

Dun dun dunnnn

CHANNEL 9's 33-year stranglehold on Australian cricket's broadcast rights is under siege, with Channel 10 preparing to throw everything at a prized new deal.

For the first time since Kerry Packer won the rights in 1979 after the World Series Cricket split, there is serious competition for cricket's telecast rights, with Ten emerging as a key player.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Gee I hope 9 retains the rights for the international home season.
    Andrew Symonds 143*

lets say they did get it, they wouldn't have access to all the years of footage would they? would change the broadcast by a huge amount not being able to show old vision

It's C10, they'll **** it up

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Argh please no. The thought of Tim Lane kills me.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Channel 9 is so intertwined with the history of the sport in this country. Would be a massive change to have test cricket on another network.

Yeah look I'm no big fan of C9 but I realllly hope 10 doesn't get it. 7, maybe, but it'd lose a lot of its charm IMO

Thread Information