Page 11 of 194 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    There is only one Moises Henriques, Mitch Marsh who?
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    There is only one Moises Henriques, Mitch Marsh who?
    Ummm Mitch Marsh?

Pretty sure the gag is meant to go: 'Mitch who?'
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

SOK!

and Moi Moi

and Pup

and of course Dougeh! yesterday.

Good performance from the Bluebaggers.

Shaun Marsh continues his woeful form last year with a double failure of 1 and 3.

Can't believe how rubbish he's been since Sri Lanka OR since that injury in the a/o 47 disaster.

International Vice-Captain
    Hayden retires,Heat chasing Mitch Johnson,but who are the openers?

Always such a meh retirement when a retired Test star who came back to play T20 retires.

QLD will open with James Hopes and he'll most likely bat with a make-shift opener like Lynn, Burns or Pomersbach when Watto is not available.

Hartley could open, Hauritz a smokey.

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Shaun Marsh continues his woeful form last year with a double failure of 1 and 3.

Can't believe how rubbish he's been since Sri Lanka OR since that injury in the a/o 47 disaster.
    It probably won't surprise you that I'm more shocked that he did well in Sri Lanka and not at all surprised that he has reverted to type since.

I'm also surprised people were rating WA as a good side. Bunch of burglars. Great to see this NSW side seems determined not to make them look better than they are this time round.

So happy to see Copes back amongst the wickets. Had a miserable time of it last year, but if he's got back that knack of taking wickets then that will be a huge plus for the Bluebaggers.

Almost feel as though I have to say I was wrong on all 3 counts there but I wont.

Yeah I was wrong on Marsh, I didn't expect him to be a Test sensation, but no way did I expect him to spectacularly fail even close to how he did.

I like WA's attack, mainly due to NCN. I still think they are a good team and I wouldn't write them off this early. It would be awesome to see them give Will Bosisto a game, would love to see him in first class cricket after looking so composed in the Under 19 Cup - big step up tho obviously.

Good on Copeland. He is a handy player to have in your state ranks when Starc and Cummins are playing for Australia.

Good on Copeland. He is a handy player to have in your state ranks when Starc and Cummins are playing for Australia.

i sense a tasting in the offing
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

I like WA's attack, mainly due to NCN. I still think they are a good team and I wouldn't write them off this early. It would be awesome to see them give Will Bosisto a game, would love to see him in first class cricket after looking so composed in the Under 19 Cup - big step up tho obviously.
    Yeah I pretty much agree with this. NCN is quality, SkyRim is a tough competitor, Mitch Marsh is coming on well as a fourth quick, and Johnson will take wickets at this level (but hopefully not too many). With Hogan and Behrendorf in reserve the WA attack is up there with best in the Shield. Beer however is a drink you enjoy after a hard day in the field. Take out 1 innings where NSW suicided against him and he's never made a real contribution. They wouldn't lose anything just making North carry the off-spin duties and playing another bat.

Davis had an excellent season last year, but he has to now back that up. Harris could become a very good player, but he's young. A lot like Maddinson really - looks class when he makes runs, but still getting out cheaply too often. Hopefully it will come together for him, but could be a few years away yet. Marsh is a fraud, and his little brother has shown glimpses with the bat, but far too few to bet your life on. Only North and Voges are really solid bats.

They won't come last, but I don't see WA being a real threat in the Shield this season.

For that reason giving Bosisto or the other young talents they have a run in the odd game won't hurt them at all I reckon. As you say he looked like he had his head well screwed on in the U/19s WC. In four or five years time they could have a super side if these young guys kick on and I'd much rather see those kids getting a good taste of FC cricket to harden them up as they are doing with M Marsh and Harris.

Davis is doing well in the second dig, scores almost level with 4 wickets down, still a chance if NSW bat like its 2011.

Is Voges going to bat? An extra bat for Beer isn't the worst option. Travis Birt is still in the squad and plenty of young bats.

BTW uvelocity, how exactly is a tasting in the offing, like what has to happen re: Copeland for me to have to taste it??

oooh there's certainly some pretaste happening in and around your mouth.

would take more than one match fwiw for a full taste

International Vice-Captain
    Tigers Team Named for First Match
    Tassie team.
    Tassie bt Queensland in the Futures cup,close game tho Gulbri a 100,Hauritz 70 odd.

Blues 108 to win.

Come on SuperNev!

Over 16.3: Beer to Nevill, SIX, lofted high over the fence at long on.
    for Spikey...

Page 11 of 194 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread Information