• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

brockley

International Captain
Travis Birt released from his WA contract,so as to play t20 leagues,guess this is the end of his shield and ryobi career,if so sad.Promised so much.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
so like, what does NSW do with SOK now? We've been reminded again that's he basically never ever gonna play test cricket for australia barring massive changes to his game. does NSW start playing adam zampa, who by virtue of being a wrist spinner, has a chance of playing test cricket, but may well not perform better than SOK for NSW, or solider on playing a guy with no hope of playing test cricket and possibly lose adam zampa and risk another 20000 articles about NSW losing test talent?

i'm talking from next season obv

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
so like, what does NSW do with SOK now? We've been reminded again that's he basically never ever gonna play test cricket for australia barring massive changes to his game. does NSW start playing adam zampa, who by virtue of being a wrist spinner, has a chance of playing test cricket, but may well not perform better than SOK for NSW, or solider on playing a guy with no hope of playing test cricket and possibly lose adam zampa and risk another 20000 articles about NSW losing test talent?

i'm talking from next season obv
Most State sides would probably play both, and just kinda deal with the balance issues, but with NSW it becomes that much more difficult because of the quicks available.

Nobody's going to retire, realistically, so taking the current squad (and playing the PONIs) we'd have:

1. Maddinson
2. Nev
3. Big Ben
4. Ferret Face
5. Haddin
6. Henriques
7. SoK
8. Copes
9. Zampa
10. Haze
11. Bollinger

Which reverts us to NSW Problem #1 - playing 7 bowlers. Also, it's ridiculously harsh on Scott Henry who hasn't really done anything wrong apart from play for the Melbourne Stars.

Last edited:

Spikey

i just don't see how it works. one of them has gotta go, like hauritz had to.

and **** we haven't pointed out SOK is the captain

and let's just assume cummins is going to wa to be with mitch marsh

also i was just on the nsw site and poor daniel hughes

Spikey

NT Sport ‏@NTSportsdesk
Northants have withdrawn their contract offer to Rory Kleinveldt and have made an offer to Australian Trent Copeland

Copeland steals a job from the great man. smh

uvelocity

International Coach
picking players who wont miss due to national duty

#ponisonlygoodforglue

that pic from the website is gold too btw

Andre

International Regular
If he can put a few Shield hundred together before the end of the summer I'd say Voges is the smokey for the Ashes tour.