• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

brockley

International Captain
Brendon Drew giving Melbourne clubland a go.
On Hogan this is his last year and he will be considred Oz cause he has not started with Gamorgan yet.

brockley

International Captain
BTW try and guess the Vic line up without Wade,White,Huss,Mckay and Maxwell in their line up,major thashing here.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Rob Quiney
Chris Rogers
Micheal Hill
Aaron Finch
Peter Handsomb
Andrew McDonald (c)
Ryan Carters (wk)
John Hastings
James Pattinson
Peter Siddle
Jon Holland

Still can't fit in Alex Keath, Darren Pattinson or Jayde Herrick.

Got some crazy depth in Victoria.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Rob Quiney
Chris Rogers
Micheal Hill
Aaron Finch
Peter Handsomb
Andrew McDonald (c)
Ryan Carters (wk)
John Hastings
James Pattinson
Peter Siddle
Jon Holland

Still can't fit in Alex Keath, Darren Pattinson or Jayde Herrick.

Got some crazy depth in Victoria.
Depth with the ball, however that batting lineup will struggle.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Notable performances in grade yesterday:

Rohrer made 88.
Super Dom ran out Cam borgas for 7 in his grade debut for Randy Peters, and;
Scott Coyte has taken 3/2... *shudders*

brockley

International Captain
Mathew Day 155,think him and Ashton May will be regulars in the Futures squad,maybe Simon Keen he scored runs too.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My QLD team btw..

1 Wade Townsend
2 Usman Khawaja
3 Peter Forrest
4 Joe Burns
5 Luke Pomersbach
6 James Hopes
7 Chris Hartley
8 Ben Cutting
9 Ryan Harris
10 Alastair McDermott
11 Cameron Boyce

mouth-watering.

If its a seamers paradise, Boyce might be the unlucky omission with an opener like kemp or Robinson picked (with everyone moving down a spot) or more of an all rounder like Hauritz who could obviously bowl too.
That's quite a good side. Feldman chomping at the bit if any of those quicks fall over. Took 3/9 (4) in the T20 against UQ the other day (UQ had Hartley, Reardon, Forrest and Philipson).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I used to be a very proud member of the Scott Coyte Hate Club but I really do think he's improved his bowling quite a bit over the 18 months or so, so I don't mind if he ends up back in the setup really. I think I'd prefer him playing Shield cricket to Abbott at this point.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That is far too close to reality to be funny, my god. Loved the bit making sure to yell at yourself in the nets every 5 or 6 balls even if you're middling them.

Last edited:

Andre

International Regular
:laugh:

Having friends pushing for grade selection and knowing the politics, that is utterly hilarious.

EDIT: On a completely different note, I'm pretty tempted to head out to Bankstown Oval and watch the Shield tomorrow.
Funnily enough, I thought it was about my old club (which, evidently, I became a 'rare unit' at for speaking my mind.

Then, upon further inspection, the photo is taken at my old club's home ground.

Sadly I never quite turned it enough to fall into the weird spinner category.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm not sure which email you're referring to :p

Although given the amount of **** that goes to the moderators email, I wouldn't be surprised if I accidentally deleted something important.
Haha nah; NSW Cricket sent around an email to all their subscribers telling them about the free entry at Bankstown about 10 minutes before you made that post, so I figured it probably wasn't a coincidence and that you were also subscribed.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Haha nah; NSW Cricket sent around an email to all their subscribers telling them about the free entry at Bankstown about 10 minutes before you made that post, so I figured it probably wasn't a coincidence and that you were also subscribed.
I got their facebook post, which came up about the same time anyway.