• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia could be ranked below Ireland

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Pakistan v Australia, 1st T20I, Dubai : Pakistan v Australia, 1st T20I, Dubai: George Bailey floored by heavy defeat | Cricket News | Pakistan v Australia | ESPN Cricinfo

Australia's captain George Bailey has admitted his side stands no chance of winning the World Twenty20 tournament in Sri Lanka if their performances mirror a shattering first-up loss to Pakistan in the series in Dubai.

The seven-wicket hiding was Australia's heaviest in terms of balls to spare for the chasing team, after Bailey's men were shot out for a measly 89, their lowest total since England rolled Ricky Ponting's team for 79 in only their second T20I, at the Rose Bowl in 2005.

What's more, the Australians can now slip to 10th in the ICC's T20 rankings before the global event begins. Should Pakistan sweep the series - a possibility given the lopsidedness of the opening match - then Bailey's team will line-up for their tournament opener ranked below their opponents Ireland.
I think that puts rankings into perspective.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hughes & Starc topped our T20 averages with bat and ball respectively this year yet neither is in the XI.

Just sayin'.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It will sum up my feelings about this hit and giggle stuff very nicely if Aus now rock up and win the T20 WC - in fact part of me now hopes that they do :ph34r:

Jayzamann

International Regular
I don't know how to feel about this.

I mean, it's absolutely hilarious. But then again, it's my team.

Still hilarious.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
I don't even care about T20 that much, but this is pretty horrendous.

The worst thing is that on paper, the talent is all there; Warner, Watson, Mussey, Dussey, White plus our bowlers. I cannot fathom why we suck so much.

Ruckus

International Captain
eh reckon t20 rankings are even more meaningless than any of the others. T20 is such an erratic game, plus teams change around so much. Any one of the top 10 teams could beat each other on different days.

social

I don't even care about T20 that much, but this is pretty horrendous.

The worst thing is that on paper, the talent is all there; Warner, Watson, Mussey, Dussey, White plus our bowlers. I cannot fathom why we suck so much.
Warner, Watson and Mussey are "allegedly" 3 of the best T20 batsmen in the world so the team's performances really are pretty disgraceful

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Will people remember any of this in 50 years like they remember the tied test now?

20/20 is bull****. I watch it cos it's cricket, but it's really hollow. Completely unmemorable and lacking any substance.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
A serious question here for the Aussie fans.. If Twatto is the VC for the longer formats to Clarke, why is he not leading the T20 outfit?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will people remember any of this in 50 years like they remember the tied test now?

20/20 is bull****. I watch it cos it's cricket, but it's really hollow. Completely unmemorable and lacking any substance.
Agree, just hope in 50 years time it isn't the only form of the game to watch (not that i'll be round that long)

burr

State Vice-Captain
The more I watch T20 the more I find it to be a game with absolutely no redeeming features (apart from being cricket). I just don't see how scoring 45 off 19 balls is more exciting than watching a ODI where a batsman at least has some chance to get his eye in, display good technique and score a 100 off 80 odd balls.

Having said that, Australia really hasn't got to grips with this format. It reminds me of the way England used to seem incapable of playing ODI cricket.

Scaly piscine

The more I watch T20 the more I find it to be a game with absolutely no redeeming features (apart from being cricket). I just don't see how scoring 45 off 19 balls is more exciting than watching a ODI where a batsman at least has some chance to get his eye in, display good technique and score a 100 off 80 odd balls.

Having said that, Australia really hasn't got to grips with this format. It reminds me of the way England used to seem incapable of playing ODI cricket.
Yes ODIs are much better where guys like Dhoni have extraordinary records and part-timers like Bopara are proper bowling options. ODIs makes greats into mediocre players and mediocre players into greats, as well as making the batting way more of a factor than the bowling. But aside from this there's already a T20 whiners thread, so would all those people please go find it.

Come on the sweep.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes ODIs are much better where guys like Dhoni have extraordinary records and part-timers like Bopara are proper bowling options. ODIs makes greats into mediocre players and mediocre players into greats, as well as making the batting way more of a factor than the bowling. But aside from this there's already a T20 whiners thread, so would all those people please go find it.

Come on the sweep.
:laugh: yeah and t20 never has mediocre test players performing well.

Could not make this **** up.