• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ajmal Exclusion

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Why has Ajmal been excluded from the awards? They reinstated Swann when the ECB complained, and I don't think Swann had better figures.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Swann was omitted from a longlist of, like, 16, which included players who hadn't even had particularly outstanding years. He then went on to make the shortlist of 4.

Ajmal was in the longlist but they decided not to include him in the shortlist of 4, and with pretty stiff competition in Sangakkara, Amla, Clarke and Philander, it really isn't a comparable situation at all. Although I do agree that he is unlucky to miss out, its difficult to take one of those names out to replace with Ajmal.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
These awards don't really mean much to anyone itbt, but agreed he should have been right up there. Important thing to note is that he's the best spinner in the world at the moment by a country mile.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
These awards don't really mean much to anyone itbt, but agreed he should have been right up there. Important thing to note is that he's the best spinner in the world at the moment by a country mile.
Yeah, he aint got nuthin on Jeetan Patel *puts down drink and sneaks out the door*

Xuhaib

International Coach
I know what Ajmal has done for the last 18 months Murali kept churning the same output for over a decade but boy Ajmal at the current moment is no less then what Murali would have been at his peak periods.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Truly disappointed that the highest wicket taker during the awards period is not in the top 4.

The only thing that might explain this is from what I understood from the cricinfo article. The 4 shortlisted players are elected by votes from some "highly credentialed cricket personalities" and perhaps these oldies don't quite like the 15 degree rule...That's the only explanation I can think of.

If the shortlist was only based on stats I don't think he can be ignored...

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I would have picked Ajmal fo' shizzle..

Without looking at statz I feel as though Sangers is a bit lucky, felt like he was hot and cold over the last year and wasn't doing too much at all in the shorter formats.

Xuhaib

International Coach
yeah Ajmal over Sanga fo sure Sanga had two very good series vs Pakistan while he was inconsistent in the others he played and his odi form was average at best.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ICC ‏@cricketicc
Saeed Ajmal was not overlooked by the Panel. He was named in the long list for two awards, but not voted in the top four by the academy

ganeshran

International Debutant
PCB is making way too big a deal out of this. No one really cares about the awards ceremony.