• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Bad Shot Hall of Fame

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
seems odd that we've made 40 posts without the name afridi being mentioned

kingkallis

International Coach
Micheal Clarke left a straight ball against Kiwis. I think it was either Oram or Bond, that was pretty hilarious!

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Hobart just as bad too. 60 for 5, hang on fellas I'll just bang this straight to mid-off.
Didn't he nick out in the second dig? I remember him chasing a wide one from Southee and nicking it, having squirted one through before and playing and missing a few times. A bad shot no doubt, but not as awful as his charge and nick v SA.

KP's pre-meditated paddle to Hauritz was right up there in 09 as well.

Some of the other shots in this thread might be funny, or not well executed, but for bad surely we're talking irresponsible, poorly thought, let the team down etc. Not Tino Best trying to crash Ashley Giles for 12, just because it's on youtube.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Mark Taylor's leave against Dipak Patel v NZ Auckland 1993.

After success opening the bowling with Dipak Patel in 1992 world cup; Crowe tried it again - but for the first time in a test match.

In an awesome opening spell, Patel got two wickets. Mark Taylor danced down the wicket, got confused and ended up shouldering arms, and was stumped. IIRC correctly Justin Langer was his second wicket, leaving an arm ball and bowled middle stump (Patel's stock ball is jokingly referred to as "every ball an arm ball:)

innocent days back then, if such incompetence happened now people would be getting suspicious

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Any one of half a dozen ugly slog sweeps from Ross Taylor, that either involve him top edging or missing entirely and being trapped LBW.

Nomanculture

School Boy/Girl Captain
Younis Khan's dismissal in the 2nd Pakistani innings of this match.

Pakistan were comfortably placed at 285/1 when he attempted the reverse sweep to a full toss from a part time offspinner, only to edge it behind. Pakistan collapsed to 320 all out :dry:

Yas

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Misbah's scoop in the T20 finals 2007 has to take the cake.
Don't think it was the worst shot in the world but just got out fixed by a slower ball, but for sheer heart break (as I thought it was going for 6!) I would have to agree with you :(