• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies in control of 5th test!!!!

Anon2

U19 Cricketer
West Indies in a good position. Last time I looked they were 162/1 on the first day. Will they win the series?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Nah, Draw. They've got Shivnarine "136 off 510" Chanderpaul, remember...

Oh God... just checked the latest scores. 286/4 (from 246/1). Chanderpaul has FOUR off TWENTY EIGHT!

This is worse than Hashan Tillekeratne! And a horrible cross-breed genetic accident between Chris Tavaré and Geoffrey Boycott.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Don't knock Chanderpaul, he keeps an end up and scores runs - him and Hooper are having fantastic series'

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
chanderpauls avg is really high for the series

yea hooper and hinds and jacobs and practically everyone else is having a good game except for lara

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I didn't say he was a bad player, just that he was terrible to watch. But not quite as bad as this nugget from the CGS 2002 stats:

R Dixon = Matches 3 Innings 3 NO 0 Runs 2 HS 2 Balls Faced 42 Average 0.67 Strike Rate 4.76

And to everyone laughing at my batting average, stick that in a combined list of all our Y10,Y9,Y8 and Y7 players, and it would be Seventh out of Twenty Eight. :cry:

Anon2

U19 Cricketer
Hey, Boycott would be by far the best batsmen England would have if he was playing today. I know people get fed up with his comments but they are true. England are crap, and he could get more runs himself than the whole England team put together.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
That's a bit harsh. And complete rubbish. 529-5 last time wasn't it. I don't recall Geoffrey ever passing 300, let alone 500...

If we picked players on talent not on who-plays-for-Surrey or who-is-related-to-me then we would do better.

And it's down to Sachin now. 255 required, 7 wickets in hand, off minimum 126 overs. Tendulkar 78*

Rich2001

International Captain
India 187/5 (62.2 ov)

India require another 221 runs with 5 wickets remaining

India RR: 3.00

Minimum overs
remaining today: 21.4

Batsmen:
A Ratra 3
VVS Laxman 7

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India destined to defeat at Sabina

Only chance of salvation is the fine cricketer by the name of "RAIN"

West Indies 422 & 197
India 212 & 237/7 (80.0 ov)

India require another 171 runs with 3 wickets remaining

Stumps - Day 4

There is however a 40% chance of rain tomorrow. Who knows?
The WI are currently large and in charge though! :D :D :D

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yup bro no one can doubt u :p

yea its a loss here , praying to rain god !!

damn :-( what a sad ending , hopefully i have something to look forward to in the one dayers

Anon2

U19 Cricketer
They need to get rid of has-beens Butcher, Stewart, and Ramprakash and get a whole new load of people in. Can't they see that we won't win with the players we have, so why not get new ones in?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Because the team is picked not on talent but on other factors that no-one knows about. It happens at other places too, Chris has been less-than-happy about things at Aston Manor of late, haven't you?