• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would win......

Who would win....

• Australian All-Time XI

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • English All-Time XI

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • West Indian All-Time XI

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Rest of the World All-Time XI

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

hourn

U19 Cricketer
Who would win out of an all-time Australian XI, all-time England XI, all-time West Indies XI or an all-time Rest of the World XI.

Dont' have to base it on these teams (nor the batting order), but just to get a feel of what the team would look like:

Aus XI:
Hayden
Lawry/Ponsford/Morris/Simpson
Bradman
Chappell
Waugh/Border
Giilchrist
Miller
Warne/Grimmett/O'Reilly
Warne/Grimmett/O'Reilly
Lillee
McGrath/Lindwall/Davidson

Eng XI:
Sutcliffe
Hutton
Hobbs
Barrington
Hammond
Compton/May
Knott
Botham
Trueman
Laker
Bedser/Barnes

WI XI:
Lloyd/Worrell/Lloyd
Greenidge/Worrell/Lloyd
Richards
Headley/Walcott/Weekes/Lara
Headley/Walcott/Weekes/Lara
Sobers
Dujon
Marshall
Ambrose
Garner/Walsh/Holding
Garner/Walsh/Holding

ROW XI:
Gavaskar (Ind)
Mitchell (SAF)/Richards (SAF)
Pollock (SAF)
Tendulkar (Ind)
Maindad (Pak)
Flower (Zim)
Imran Khan (Pak)
Pollock (SAF)/Kallis (SAF)/Donald (SAF)/Waqar Younis (Pak)
Wasim Akram (Pak)
Hadlee (NZL)
Murilitharan (SRL)

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
There are some great names there. I would have to give the edge to the ROW team for their great depth of batting and bowling.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Its obviously the English all time 11, all you Aussies and Indians now that deep down in your heart, England would trash you

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Impossible to compare the early eras with the later ones, difficult to compare even consecutive eras.
As for formulating all-time XIs, let alone deducing who would win in a match, it's always going to be a matter of huge debate and something almost impossible to make any real certainties beyond the like of Sobers, Bradman. I have seen English XIs without Barrington and Australian ones without Greg Chappell. I have seen West Indian ones without Walcott. If you can do that, you can do anything.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:
Could have done without being held last week, couldn't they?
I'm still not far behind, and have played more of the real challenging sides than he has!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
I'm still not far behind, and have played more of the real challenging sides than he has!
Luck of the draw would have it that England play in Australia next whilst Pakistan host India (albeit a newly upbeat India). Still, England has won 8 straight I believe.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Strongly disagree with some of you're team choices there , its always going to be an area of huge debate & its really all just subject to opinion (or geography were some of our members are concerned).

However my gut feeling from those sides is that the ROW XI would be to strong.

Craig

World Traveller
Interesting that Hobbs is batting at 3 for England.

Also that Kallis would probably bat behind Andy Flower.

Mark Boucher is stats wise South Africa's greatest ever 'keeper. I dont think Pollock who is a fine bowler but be good enough for a World XI, I dont think so.