• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Deliveries

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I think we have had a similar thread before but I thought it would be interesting to have this conversation again.

So name the bowlers who were the best at a particular delivery.

Outswinger - Anderson/Steyn
Inswinger - Waqar
Toe Crusher - Waqar/Akhtar/Malinga
Bouncer - Big Bird
Cutter - McGrath/Asif
Doosra - Saqlain
Leg Break - Warne

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't get the leg break choice. Why do you think Warne's leg break was better than anyone elses?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Good conversation topic. I'd change a few though....

Outswinger - Alderman, Lillee, Holding, Imran
Inswinger - Waqar, Marshall, Wasim
Toe Crusher/yorker - Waqar, Garner, Thomson
Bouncer - Wasim, Roberts, McGrath
Cutter - McGrath, Hadlee
Doosra -
Leg Break (and most variations of) - Warne (for control and accuracy)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Chris Cairns had the best slower bouncer. The Malinga toe crusher is amazing, comes from a trajectory that just knocks people off their feet constantly.

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
I would include

1) Wasim's ability to curve the ball(in the air) into the batsman and after pitching(or in the air) take the ball away..Dravid and Croft can vouch for it..What a thing of beauty..
2) Qadir's googly was a beauty as well..anything Qadir was beautiful to watch
3) Cutter or Legcutter -- Dennis Lillee..
4) Outswinger -- Kapil Dev
5) Slower ball -- Steve Waugh
6) Bouncer -- Larwood
7) flipper -- Warne until his finger/shoulder operation
8) off spinner - Murali..man can turn a ball on glass

MrPrez

International Debutant
Reckon Philander makes it onto my list for seam movement. Of course, I can only remember matches from the 2000s on...

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
steve waugh had the best leg cutter in that it was his stock ball and he could bowl it on a flat track.