• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Deliveries

the big bambino

International Captain
Saw Wayne Daniel rip out Mohsin Khan's leg stump with the best inswinging yorker I've still seen. Waqar might have the brand name on that sort of thing but that one from Daniel was the patent delivery.

Satyanash89

Banned
Bouncer- Roberts. Fire in Babylon explained how he had two bouncers delivered with the same action at the same length but one would be significantly faster. Deadly stuff.

Yorker - Waqar. Batsmen knew it was coming. Still got bowled

Flipper - Warne before the injury. Used it brilliantly and fed unwitting batsmen with slow flippers intentionally only to deliver the fatal blow with a perfect, quick flipper soon after, a lot like what roberts did with his bouncer. Two great examples:

Shane Warne KILLER FLIPPER vs Alec Stewart 1994 - YouTube

Shane Warne - A classic flipper to Daryll Cullinan - YouTube

Doosra - Murali. Spins it miles ffs. The one he bowled to Dhoni was ridiculous.

Leg Cutter - Lillee. Think Imran had a great one too

Off Cutter - Fanie de Villiers... used it beautifully and got lots of wickets with it

Outswinger - Steyn has to be the best ive ever seen delivering unplayable outswingers consistently. This ball to Pujara, although not a traditional caught behind outswinger dismissal, is ridiculous... its like Warne at 135 kph.

Pujara Flop against Dale steyn - YouTube

This one to Clarke was great as well. Completely sliced open the best batsman in the world

Unplayable delivery by Dale Steyn to Clarke at WACA, 1/12/2012 - YouTube

Slower ball - Wasim easily the best. Malinga and Dilhara Fernando have decent slower balls too

Wasim Akram v Sachin Tendulkar - Beautiful slower ball - India v Pakistan at Sharjah 2000 - YouTube

Wasim Akram - The Best Slower Ball - YouTube

Wasim Akram's slower ball - YouTube

Filth - Botham. Batsmen just didnt know how to negotiate. Think he got more wickets with bad balls than anyone in history

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Deadly late in-swing

Imran Khan. When I sat there watching him bowl, I was myself playing active cricket and as is normal one invariably imagined oneself at the crease wondering how the hell one would deal with this live hell. I do not recall feeling anything but a sense of complete helplessness as the Indians faced ball after ball of what appeared like completely unplayable stuff from this master bowler. Even the great Gavaskar was in deep trouble and only Amarnath of all Indian batsmen seemed unperturbed and not made to look like a novice

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
A little bit more obscure, but can we think of the off spinner who had the best arm ball? Dan Vettori and Herath take the cake for me.

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
One that straightens

Bowl a series of in-swingers and then one that straightens from a wide angle -- Got Walsh lot of wickets..he was a master at it or do you just bowl one straight?

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Speaking of Imran, here is what Jemima his ex-wife tweeted

Old army bloke to me, "I was a great admirer of your father's" Me- gracious smile. "...when he used to walk to the crease..." Me- air punch

:laugh:

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
Floater ( one of the original earlier version of doosra)..Batsman thinks he is there but he isn't.. Prasanna supposed to be a master of it..