• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Deliveries

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I think we have had a similar thread before but I thought it would be interesting to have this conversation again.

So name the bowlers who were the best at a particular delivery.

Outswinger - Anderson/Steyn
Inswinger - Waqar
Toe Crusher - Waqar/Akhtar/Malinga
Bouncer - Big Bird
Cutter - McGrath/Asif
Doosra - Saqlain
Leg Break - Warne
Can't beat Murali with the doosra. Turned it square some times.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Can't beat Murali with the doosra. Turned it square some times.
Saqlain invented it, and used it much more judiciously (especially in ODIs) to boot.

Murali turned it much more, but I'm not sure he used it with the same cunning discretion.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

Saqlain invented it, and used it much more judiciously (especially in ODIs) to boot.

Murali turned it much more, but I'm not sure he used it with the same cunning discretion.
Seriously? Saqlain may have invented it, but Murali perfected it.

Kapil Dev's outswinger was pretty awesome - for a long time, that's all he had really. No one delivery from Kumble was really the best IMO, but he used variations in height probably better than any other spinner.

As for Warne's leg break, I think Stuart McGill spun it more for sure. That doesn't mean it was the best mind you. Warne definitely had much more control over it, that plus Warne's straight delivery actually got him a lot of wickets. He was certainly (IMO anyway) one of the smarter bowlers to play the game.

For such a short guy, Marshall had a VERY lethal bouncer. Akhtar also had a pretty mean short ball.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year

Cannot agree with it. Saqlain's sucess was due to surprise factor. He found it tough when batsmen figured out his doosra (especially SC teams). Murali never had that problem. Even batsmen picked the way it spins, still they had to deal with some monstrous spin.

ch00baka

School Boy/Girl Captain