Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Do some people....

Do some people....

Pretend they think that Lara is better than Tendulkar, just so they can fanboy Tendulkar and not be called out for bias on it?

Was speaking to an Indian friend of mine at Uni this morning, who basically alluded to this proposition. Was just wondering how much, if any, truth is behind it.

Lara stepped up when his team really needed him more so that SRT. I can see where your "friend" is coming from.
    Last edited by Shri; 31-08-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Pretend they think that Lara is better than Tendulkar, just so they can fanboy Tendulkar and not be called out for bias on it?

Was speaking to an Indian friend of mine at Uni this morning, who basically alluded to this proposition. Was just wondering how much, if any, truth is behind it.
    I pretend I think Shane Watson is better than Luke Wright for this very reason...

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    sachin isn't magic like stars and lara is it's that simple
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    I pretend I think Shane Watson is better than Luke Wright for this very reason...
    Hmmm. Interesting. Had suspected once or twice that quite a few members on here do that sort of thing tbh. I guess this confirms it.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I don't think anyone outside of CW gives a **** enough for anyone to bother to build up that type of persona. Enough people have Tendulkar in their all time XI ahead of Lara, and enough people of 'stature' consider him to be the second best batsman, that your position (if you're a fanboy) isn't untenable on it's own anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Nah, Tendulkar has lot of genuine critics in India. There are hate Tendulkar pages all over the web. I have met many, many of them. So it's not all uniform as you from far away see it.

And it's not hard to be a Sachin critic. For a long time there were questions about his ability to finish off chases, or scoring in 4th innings or playing for records or not scoring marathon innings like Lara and some others did etc. Of course they are debatable but those arguments can be made. My ex-boss had a big gripe about Tendulkar's failure to finish off that test in Chennai against Pakistan and for asking for tax break on his Ferrari, to give you just one example.
    Last edited by ankitj; 31-08-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Hmm, I suppose when you put it like that, it's kind of obvious why Lara is better.

But it seems difficult to refute the existence of deceptive fanboyism amongst some.

I don't know what point you want to make. Tendulkar fanboys presumably annoy you. You also have issues with Tendulkar critics?

I was wondering if some people....

Why do you wonder about such insignificant ****? And then also create threads about them?
    Last edited by ankitj; 31-08-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    Why do you wonder about such insignificant ****? And then also create threads about them?
    I've made it perfectly clear why I made the thread. Several times. Please stop asking me this, it's becoming irksome.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar

Your friend is either an idiot or genius. I might start pretending Oasis aren't my favourite band to add objective weight to my opinion.
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Your friend is either an idiot or genius. I might start pretending Oasis aren't my favourite band to add objective weight to my opinion.
    The fact that he's a friend of mine suggests that he's probably an idiot tbh.

I've made it perfectly clear why I made the thread. Several times. Please stop asking me this, it's becoming irksome.
    I asked you two different questions tbf. First, why did you create this thread? Second, why the hell did you? Difference.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information