• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you like Ricky Ponting?

Do you like Ricky Ponting?

• Total voters

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, don't like Ponting much as a bloke.

But have lot of time for him as a batsman.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Nah, don't like Ponting much as a bloke.

But have lot of time for him as a batsman.
Can't work it out for myself. When he has his cap on he looks just like a school boy, can't hate on a child etc...

Has demonstrated he can be a bit of an oik at times though.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Well now that you mention it, his first chance average isn't too crash hot.

Damn you for coming up with a gun irrelevant third option. Torn between like and dislike, probably leaning towards liking him.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Scored centuries at Headingley, is therefore a good bloke.

Also he annoys the haters so that's a bonus.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Might have actually been a truly great batsman if he hadn't spent all his time arguing with umpires and whingeing tbh.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Couldn't stand the bloke for years, but was hugely impressed by the dignified way in which he conducted himself in 2009 in the face of some wholly unnecessary abuse from some of my countrymen, so changed my mind.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Puntifex Maximus!

I do like Ponting and regret I got into cricket at the end of his career missing the best of him.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I have developed a bit of love for him too, may be after I see him struggling both as a batsman and as leader of a team that was becoming a shadow of its former self.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the real story coming out of this thread is that spark didn't consider super dom a childhood hero. smh.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Also couldn't stand him for years, but find myself pulling for him of late. A true top tier ATG. As great as batsman and fielder/ slip fielder as there has ever been.

L Trumper

State Regular
He certainly gives an impression, that one would go war with him by side and never be let down. Brilliant competitor. His final ODI century in WC QF is a classic example, he more or less scored it with his bloodymindedness. I ****ing love the bloke.

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
I assume the question is "Do you like Ponting as a person?" ..That's a difficult question to answer if you don't know the man off the field..On the field i agree he he has acted like a **** sometimes and in a competitive environs **** happens but Punter as a batsman and a fielder i likey...