• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you like Ricky Ponting?

Do you like Ricky Ponting?

• Total voters

Debris

International 12th Man
Still possibly my favourite batsman to watch after 30 runs. I would pay a fair amount to the "Stop Ricky making ads" fund, though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I should have clarified. When starting the thread, I meant to ask "Do you like Ricky Ponting's appearance?"

I am a huge fan of it itbt. He's an extremely attractive man. Or at least he was, when he had that funny little goatee. Bit on the short side mind you.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My Ponting-hate peaked around Cardiff 09 I reckon. By the time he got up to all his bollocks in 2010 I almost felt a level of pity towards him, as his world was obviously crumbling around him.

burr

State Vice-Captain
I love him, and it's grown as I've realised how much it will suck to be an Aussie supporter once he's gone. What a magnificent fieldsman - in the slips, under the nose, in the covers - he really had it all. What a magnificent batsman, who combines guts, pride and pure bloody-mindedness (that 156 at Old Trafford was soooo brave) with enormous skill to produce innings of the highest quality. He is not the prettiest but at his peak few can match him, and I would pay to see his pull shot.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
His pull shot is a thing of beauty.

Too much of a **** to actually like him, his conduct at times in the last Ashes was utterly pathetic.

DingDong

State Captain
decent player but the biggest whinger of this generation
always cried about bad decisions he got tried to take the moral high ground when he was the dirtiest player..all in all an unlikable human being

Trichromatic

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
decent player but the biggest whinger of this generation
always cried about bad decisions he got tried to take the moral high ground when he was the dirtiest player..all in all an unlikable human being
:laugh:

He is certainly better than just decent and lesser whinger than biggest.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, don't like Ponting much as a bloke.

But have lot of time for him as a batsman.
This. Brilliant fielder as well.

He's a massive **** though imo, huge ego and all. Big cheat as well /sydney.