• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Awards 2012

say2chintu

Cricket Spectator
ICC Test Team of the Year is Cook, Amla, Sangakkara, Kallis, Clarke*, Chanderpaul, Prior, Broad, Ajmal, Philander, Steyn

List of nominees

ICC Cricketer of the Year: Hashim Amla, Michael Clarke, Vernon Philander, Kumar Sangakkara

ICC Test Cricketer of the Year: Hashim Amla, Michael Clarke, Vernon Philander, Kumar Sangakkara

ICC ODI Cricketer of the Year: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Lasith Malinga, Kumar Sangakkara

ICC Emerging Cricketer of the Year: Doug Bracewell, Dinesh Chandimal, Sunil Narine, James Pattinson

The players were picked based on their performance between August 4, 2011, and August 6, 2012.

Surprise misses : Ajmal
Ajmal needs to there in place of Amla in Cricketer of the year category. Guy took 105 wickets @ avg 23 in the period. Next best was 84@ avg 30

Cricketer of the Year nominees' stats

Hashim Amla: 915 runs at 65.35 with three hundreds in ten Tests, 419 runs at 52.37 with one hundred in eight ODIs

Michael Clarke: 1355 runs at 58.91 with five hundreds in 14 Tests, 759 runs at 50.60 with one hundred in 19 ODIs

Kumar Sangakkara: 1444 runs at 60.16 with five hundreds in 14 Tests, 1457 runs at 42.85 with three hundreds in 37 ODIs

Vernon Philander: 56 wickets at 16.57 with six five-fors in nine Tests

My guess
Test Cricketer- Philander
ODI Cricketer - Kohli
Emerging Cricketer - Pattinson/Narine
Cricketer of The year - tough between Sanga and Clarke - But I think Clarke should nick it

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i was gonna say cook is probably lucky to make the team but then i saw who the guy opening with him is

edit also his 294 just makes the cut off date

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Amla we've think you've had a great year, and we're gonna put you up for the test cricketer of the year award...but sorry your number 3 spot is taken

uvelocity

International Coach
uv's picks
ICC Cricketer of the Year: Hashim Amla, Michael Clarke, Vernon Philander, Kumar Sangakkara

ICC Test Cricketer of the Year: Hashim Amla, Michael Clarke, Vernon Philander, Kumar Sangakkara

ICC ODI Cricketer of the Year: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Lasith Malinga, Kumar Sangakkara

not sure about emerging without looking up the stats

Spark

Global Moderator
Elaborate about what your issue is PEWS
Haha every year they throw up at least one complete wtf, either someone who really shouldn't be there or someone playing in a rather odd position. Though Amla opening isn't that bad.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah fair enough their teams of the year can be annoying, but having an annual official award is a necessity in modern day sport and its ridiculous that cricket didn't have one for so long. Getting rid of it would be wrong imo.

Personally think that for the test, ODI and cricketer of the year they're generally bang on or at the very least choose a player who has a reasonable argument.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha every year they throw up at least one complete wtf, either someone who really shouldn't be there or someone playing in a rather odd position. Though Amla opening isn't that bad.
I believe they named Sangakkara as wicket keeper in the Test team of the year last year despite the fact that he didn't keep in a single Test.

Spark

Global Moderator
The team ftr:

Alastair Cook, Hashim Amla, Kumar Sangakkara, Jacques Kallis, Michael Clarke (capt), Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Matt Prior (wk), Stuart Broad, Saeed Ajmal, Vernon Philander, Dale Steyn, AB de Villiers (12th man)
At least they picked the right keeper this year. Though just quietly I think that might be due to a lack of competition, 442 @ 31 is hardly fantastic.

Spark

Global Moderator
I r good reading.

EDIT: Woah, didn't realise SL had played so many Tests. Used to them playing hardly any.

Last edited: