• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Awards 2012

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Keepers between 04-08-11 to 06-08-12

Can't imagine how Prior (@31) was selected over Dhoni (@36.5) or Rahim (@37.8). If Quality of keeping is in question then PJ (@29) is not far behind.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain

Can't imagine how Prior (@31) was selected over Dhoni (@36.5) or Rahim (@37.8). If Quality of keeping is in question then PJ (@29) is not far behind.
Prior has not been great in the last year or so but no-one has shone as WK. iirc Prior should have won it last year but didn't so bleh.

Also regarding dhoni India had a 2(win)-1(draw)-5(loss) ratio in that time whereas Prior with England had the slightly better 5-2-5 record. Hard for Rahim when he plays 5 tests in a year and lose 4 of them.

I'd have probably gone for Jaywardene but no wicketkeeper really deserves the accolade this year.

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
prior has had some good test knocks iirc in the period. hardly misses any chances too. deserved.

is a dirty cheat though

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year

Because half of his job is to keep. And in the time period given he has been flawless. Even without looking at the stats, I think its pretty much a given right now that he's the best keeper bat in the world.

Not sure why I'm arguing about the Team of the Year but whatever.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Surprise Ajmal wasn't nominated. But Amla should get Cricketer, Philander should get Test and Kohli should get ODI.

They had to have Amla opening because they couldn't find another decent opener. I remember a lot of poeple were saying Hafeez a couple of months ago and that says everything about the lack of quality openers in Test cricket atm. However they could have just picked Smith.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
The ICC test Team:

Alastair Cook (Eng)
Hashim Amla (SA)
Kumar Sangakkara (SL)
Jacques Kallis (SA)
Michael Clarke (Aus, captain)
Shivnarine Chanderpaul (WI)
Matt Prior (Eng – wicketkeeper)
Stuart Broad (Eng)
Saeed Ajmal (Pak)
Vernon Philander (SA)
Dale Steyn (SA)
12th Man – AB de Villiers (SA).

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Because half of his job is to keep. And in the time period given he has been flawless. Even without looking at the stats, I think its pretty much a given right now that he's the best keeper bat in the world.

Not sure why I'm arguing about the Team of the Year but whatever.
Mushfiqur Rahim has been electric behind the wicket too, and he scores more in a weak team too. Cannot see how Prior can be selected over him. And with gloves PJ was exceptional in last three or four series for SL. If the choice is a keeper-bat, it's PJ. If it's a batsman keeper, it's Rahim.

Noble One

Mushfiqur Rahim has been electric behind the wicket too, and he scores more in a weak team too. Cannot see how Prior can be selected over him. And with gloves PJ was exceptional in last three or four series for SL. If the choice is a keeper-bat, it's PJ. If it's a batsman keeper, it's Rahim.
You would give a position to Rahim who only gave 5 Tests during the period?

Jayawardene vs Prior is a flip of the coin. It's not clear cut to anyone without bias.

Faisal1985

Surprise Ajmal wasn't nominated. But Amla should get Cricketer, Philander should get Test and Kohli should get ODI.

They had to have Amla opening because they couldn't find another decent opener. I remember a lot of poeple were saying Hafeez a couple of months ago and that says everything about the lack of quality openers in Test cricket atm. However they could have just picked Smith.
Ajmal should have been in the short list at least even if he didn't win. For sure Amla and Philander are top contenders. But what Ajmal did to England deserved more recognition.

Any logic behind Ajmal’s exclusion? | DAWN.COM