• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Starc vs Pattinson vs Cummins

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
that awful review last night probably a greater sign of his readiness than the 5er tbh

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Starc looked deadly in the County game. Admittedly this was one day stuff but he looked much improved even since the Australian summer, he wouldn't get his line wrong often. Length a bit short I can see, but I guess that's why he is currently working so well in the short form. He did well in the two first class matches he played here but I guess that doesn't tell a lot. Gut feeling says he's going to be class.

Spikey

this kfc talk has reminded me that the other week i came across an KFC that was closed for the week and i meant to take a pic of it and then post it in the 'CRISIS POINT reached' thread but i forgot ok bye now

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
this kfc talk has reminded me that the other week i came across an KFC that was closed for the week and i meant to take a pic of it and then post it in the 'CRISIS POINT reached' thread but i forgot ok bye now
The KFC in Baulkham Hills was closed for months for renovations; had to keep trecking it to North Parramatta. Bad times.

Ruckus

International Captain
Kinda weird you get that impression from a highlights package where he took five. But anyways, we're talking long form cricket here. He is very good bowler.

The only reason why he won't be a walk up starter in the test line up this summer is because the incumbents have performed so well in the past 12 months.
Were extended highlights, but nevertheless from what I saw it didn't look like any of the main bowlers really deserved returns as good as they were (a fair few soft dismissals really). I don't doubt Starc's ability to bowl very good balls on occasion, but I want to see him being more consistent. Will definitely be keen to see how he goes domestically this time around.

Spark

Global Moderator
Closest one to me is ten minutes' south of my house - always feel aggrieved that I have to go so far in the other direction from everything else [useful].

uvelocity

International Coach
got free kfc tonight due to the fact that last week I only got 7 pieces in my tightarse box and I rang up and blew **** out of them

sleepytime

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
market failure tbh, the government oughta do somethin' about it
Hahaha, funnily enough I think the "renovations" were related to a failed health inspection. That was the scuttlebutt around the Garden Shire at the time anyway. Ikki was right!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Were extended highlights, but nevertheless from what I saw it didn't look like any of the main bowlers really deserved returns as good as they were (a fair few soft dismissals really). I don't doubt Starc's ability to bowl very good balls on occasion, but I want to see him being more consistent. Will definitely be keen to see how he goes domestically this time around.
See the thing with that is, Starc fully deserved five. Some of the balls he took wickets with last night didn't deserve wickets as such (especially the one caught cover for example) but how he bowled overall in between meant they weren't the slightest bit undeserved in a broader context.

benchmark00

Starc's wickets off soft dismissals evened out all the unrewarded brilliance he displayed in his opening spell. How I've carried on looks like I'm overrating him, which isn't my intention (liable to a tastin'), but I'm really excited about his future.

Edit: **** you Cribbage.

Ruckus

International Captain
Starc's wickets off soft dismissals evened out all the unrewarded brilliance he displayed in his opening spell. How I've carried on looks like I'm overrating him, which isn't my intention (liable to a tastin'), but I'm really excited about his future.

Edit: **** you Cribbage.
yeah fair enough, the limitations of highlights obviously.