• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Starc vs Pattinson vs Cummins

Ruckus

International Captain
Agree. Probably the worst of the three at the moment but, as long as he doesn't keep getting hindered by these injuries, I'm backing him to finish the best of the three.
Are we talking test cricket here? Would comfortably back a fit Cummins to be more effective than Starc.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Are we talking test cricket here?
Yep.

Would comfortably back a fit Cummins to be more effective than Starc.
Would comfortably disagree tbh. Starc has noticeably improved quite a bit since his Test debut and Cummins's one Test was pretty flattering compared to how he usually bowls as such. Don't get me wrong - as I said, I think Cummins will be the best of the bunch unless he keeps getting bitten by the injury bug, but I'd take Starc ahead of right now fairly comfortably, even if he was fit.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reckon a lot of people will be shocked when they see Starc play in Australia this summer. He is going to tear **** up. **** is the real deal.

Ruckus

International Captain
Starc has improved, but not enough for me to think he'd match Cummins' consistency. Starc still gets his lines wrong too much for my liking.

Spikey

i mean, we're still taking about two inexperienced 22yos and an injury plagued 19yo. I'm not sure how anyone can really say with great confidence which one (or 2) will perform best in a test match. Although i guess i should note i'm still shocked at how pattinson and cummins started off.

I think Starc should be first choice in ODers and T20's though. no debate for me.

benchmark00

Highlights of the Pak ODI.
Kinda weird you get that impression from a highlights package where he took five. But anyways, we're talking long form cricket here. He is very good bowler.

The only reason why he won't be a walk up starter in the test line up this summer is because the incumbents have performed so well in the past 12 months.