• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DLF ends IPL association

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
They'll find another company.
Will be interesting to see if another company will pay as much. What DLF ($45 million) paid was about the same as the last profit figure I heard about IPL. Not sure that was yearly profit or cumulative but either way if the next company prays half of what DLF did, it will affect their profits in a significant way.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
About 50 crores a year is what DLF paid, so half of it would be about 25 crores. Doubt it'd affect the profits of size of companies interested that much.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
And no, they won't be paid nearly as much but the people who came up with this weren't idiots. The way franchises and payments are structured, it'll be profitable for the full ten years of the initial contract. We'll see what happens after that.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Will be interesting to see if another company will pay as much. What DLF ($45 million) paid was about the same as the last profit figure I heard about IPL. Not sure that was yearly profit or cumulative but either way if the next company prays half of what DLF did, it will affect their profits in a significant way.
Yea but year on year, the franchises also pay less, plus the main source of revenue (the TV contract) is a ten year deal - guaranteed income. I'm not saying it won't affect their profits (obviously ANY reduction will), but OP's 'hope' is misplaced. It's still a profitable venture, and will remain so at least until the end of the initial ten year contract. Then it will depend on the situation then, and how the league is restructured (especially the payment by the teams to the BCCI).