• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Australians since WSC?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Justin Langer
Matthew Hayden
Greg Chappell
Allan Border
Steve Waugh*
Ricky Ponting
Adam Gilchrist+
Shane Warne
Jason Gillespie
Dennis Lillee
Glenn McGrath
No way on gods earth would GC bat number three.

Taylor (c)
Hayden
Ponting
G Chappell
AB
S Waugh
Gilchrist
Warne
Dizzy
Lillee
McGrath

for mine. Boonie, Merv, Slats, McDermott unlucky.

DJellett

International Debutant
1. M Hayden
2. M Taylor (vc)
3. D Boon
4. A Border (c)
5. S Waugh
6. R Ponting
7. A Gilchrist
8. S Warne
9. C McDermott
10. M Hughes
11. G McGrath

12. M Waugh

Shame to make my favourite player ever 12th but he's so perfect for the role, and Boony was not :p
Tried to find a balanced bowling attack, 3 different type seamers plus Warne with Steve Waugh and AB the part-timers; simarly balanced batting with many different role-players. Not so much picked as the outright best XI (though they'd go close) but on balance as a team.

If GC and DKL included, Chappel in for Boon and Lillee in for Hughes.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
I simply do not understand how Ponting can not bat #3 in every single one of these teams.