• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft League Season 2 Voting Thread

Vote for the three strongest sides in your opinion.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

watson

Banned
Gotta ask the question though - How would that back-foot defence, and off-drive go against Malcolm Mashall and Ian Bishop at Lords in the 1980s?

My gut feeling is a brisk 20-40 before getting caught on the fence at mid-wicket.

What a shame we'll never know.

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Gotta ask the question though - How would that back-foot defence, and off-drive go against Malcolm Mashall and Ian Bishop at Lords in the 1980s?

My gut feeling is a brisk 20-40 before getting caught on the fence at mid-wicket.

What a shame we'll never know.
Yeah so many factors weigh in how a batsman from one era would face a bowler from another, almost impossible to take a guess

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
So what's the deal with tie breaks again? I'm currently tied with Valer for second last.

Honestly though my dashing batting line-up would get me a couple more votes but looks like it was not to be

MrPrez

International Debutant
No you're not ;)

Disappointed with having no votes tbh - really don't think my team is the worst :(

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
No you're not ;)

Disappointed with having no votes tbh - really don't think my team is the worst :(
Your batting line-up is excellent but your bowling attack lacks at least one big name. They're all quality performers but an Ambrose or a Lillee would of made all the difference imo.

Thanks for the vote btw:D

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Agree, amazing batting lineup, but no true number one bowler fast ot spin. Would score runs but your team would struggle to bowl out any of the other teams.

Valer

First Class Debutant
Re: The drop out(s) [if I get more votes] I probably won't have time for the next draft anyway Jager/ Blakus.

watson

Banned
BUMP

RE: The Clause Draft: Selecting a player we haven't selected before.

Unfortunately season 1 is on about page 9 or 10 and I can't get to it as page 6 is the max.

Last edited:

Jager

International Debutant
BUMP

RE: The Clause Draft: Selecting a player we haven't selected before.

Unfortunately season 1 is on about page 9 or 10 and I can't get to it as page 6 is the max.
You can search it I believe - for future reference at least, use the search feature in the menu bar up top